ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
philly wrote:
TmcB wrote:Want to swap it for a AC30HW2 plus some gold my way?[/quote

greenbacks?

That it is!
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Hmmmmm, thought this would be an easy sell ?!

Not at this price.
godgrinder wrote:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Hmmmmm, thought this would be an easy sell ?!

Not at this price.

I honestly thought $1k was a fair price; I paid $1200 for it about a month ago and it retails for $1499. Replaced all of the Chinese tubes, bought the footswitch and a nice leather handle so I spent near enough another $200 on it.

But hey, as I said I’m now open to offers below $1k and I’ll take a loss on it.
Thing is they do have a low re-sell. I bought my ac15cc1x for under $500. admittedly it is the cc1x not the c1x but its still a great amp. Just not worth much. I just bought a hand wired ac15 with a blue for $1100.
Its not that 1k isnt 'fair' value wise (your getting a great amp) but street is not 1k on these apparently.
StrummersOfThunder wrote:Thing is they do have a low re-sell. I bought my ac15cc1x for under $500. admittedly it is the cc1x not the c1x but its still a great amp. Just not worth much. I just bought a hand wired ac15 with a blue for $1100.
Its not that 1k isnt 'fair' value wise (your getting a great amp) but street is not 1k on these apparently.

Cheers for the heads up. Wonder why? I’d have thought Vox would have held their value reasonably well.

Looks like I got a great amp but in hindsight paid more than I should have. Not the first time, probably not the last either.
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
StrummersOfThunder wrote:Thing is they do have a low re-sell. I bought my ac15cc1x for under $500. admittedly it is the cc1x not the c1x but its still a great amp. Just not worth much. I just bought a hand wired ac15 with a blue for $1100.

Cheers for the heads up. Wonder why? I’d have thought Vox would have held their value reasonably well.

I think the market is just flooded with em
if you think about the fender alternatives (ddri etc) they turn up far less often and there fore hold their price better.
Fb and trademe have new ac15s of all varieties every other day.
My advice, keep it. Play it well and break that blue in. Knock it round and make it look like a vox should.
My ac15 has been such a great gigging amp. I'll never sell it.
yep, done that many times. Only on gear that I paid less for. Lost out once, other times I've got my cash back and KFC.
Bg wrote:yep, done that many times. Only on gear that I paid less for. Lost out once, other times I've got my cash back and KFC.

Can appeal to buyers' competitive instincts. Fuck it, Jim. We'll all help the bidding. ;-)