ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY GrantB
olegmcnoleg wrote:
GrantB wrote:I could add a Floyd? And headless it?

Def go the Floyd, and add some lightening fretboard markers too. And an 18k humbucker in the bridge

And a humbucker in the neck. Maybe a Roland MiDi pickup too. In front of the bridge. Do I need to add a tension bar on the headstock? I have the right size drill bits.
BY GrantB
Yes - the original paint was almost pink.
BY Slowy
Clanger wrote:Do you have pics of the original finish?

br strat.jpg
?
BY GrantB
I think it goes - Sunburst, pink/coral pink, Dakota Red, white, yellow.

The sunburst is a marginal call though, as when the cavities were stripped, it was coral pink right to the wood. No undercoat.

Coral Pink was probably the UK refin, or indeed originals Fiesta Red....without the aging. Sometimes this guitar does look more Dakota red than Fiesta, then other times......
Attachments
75ABF22D-5F90-4237-8DF1-13A5A894EA16.jpeg
BY Dharmajester
GrantB wrote:I think it goes - Sunburst, pink/coral pink, Dakota Red, white, yellow.

The sunburst is a marginal call though, as when the cavities were stripped, it was coral pink right to the wood. No undercoat.

Coral Pink was probably the UK refin, or indeed originals Fiesta Red....without the aging. Sometimes this guitar does look more Dakota red than Fiesta, then other times......

I've mentioned before in the context of this guitar. My 61 which I owned for many years had the same pink colour on top of the wood beneath it's black top coat ( which was I believe an early uk refinish/ respray). Visible inside the cavities where the black has been chipped away etc. Troy who has it now can confirm this. Seen it in other Strats from the same time period too.
BY Molly
Dharmajester wrote:
GrantB wrote:I think it goes - Sunburst, pink/coral pink, Dakota Red, white, yellow.

I've mentioned before in the context of this guitar. My 61 which I owned for many years had the same pink colour on top of the wood beneath it's black top coat ( which was I believe an early uk refinish/ respray). Visible inside the cavities where the black has been chipped away etc. Troy who has it now can confirm this. Seen it in other Strats from the same time period too.

I remember reading that Chandlers would regularly refinish Strats because everybody wanted red. Must be a Hank thing.
BY GrantB
This was a UK guitar, we think.
BY Jellybelly
Dharmajester wrote:

Can confirm this 100 percent. Exact same colour on my 61.
In fact saw the pic before I read this and recognised the colour straight away :D
BY GrantB

To the TM it is for this in the weekend - $14,995.

For homies, $13,750.