ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Jellybelly
Bg wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:Woah! Good thing you sold this now, the price has doubled on these almost overnight:
https://touch.trademe.co.nz/listing/view/1627126443

surprising considering there's no picture of it.... not arrived yet troy?

Now here is the mad maths.... mine anyway. :D
I have two here 8 ohm and a 16ohm hotplates and also a webber mass.
All three are listed and listed for what they cost me (plus a fee compound).
They all sell I recoup my money (or thereabouts) and I end up with one (that is still at Nik's) only $150 invested not $800 odd.

No pic because they are because I am swamped at work and lazy at the moment :rofl:
Nik will vouch for that. Dirty Shirley combo has been boxed up at his for a fortnight (with this) waiting for me to get off my bum and sort shipping :(

Somewhere down the line this might be for sale and everyonehere will know what was paid for it.
Like most things that have gone to fellow forumites for the most part they have been for what I paid or generally less.

If anyone is super upset and wanted it to keep forever and ever send us a PM.
You can have it for what I paid and you can just sort the shipping out with Nik

Stuck at work..........grizzle over
BY TmcB
It’s more that there’s a bit of a cultural thing that forum bros do forum bro pricing - we’re all GASsy trade me trawlers and know what we *could* get for it but choose help the bros out. There’s a preference to sell something at cost or even a bit less as long as it “stays in the family.” Hence all the verbiage around “Trademe/Facebook wolves.” I know that’s teaching you to suck eggs but I thought it worthwhile putting down in text.

Your issue is that you’re super visible as a TM GAS guru so whilst you’re doing some epic gear swappage to free up the maximum amount of gold (boy do I know dem feelz) it *looks* like you’re being a bit sharky.
BY JHorner
TmcB wrote:it *looks* like you’re being a bit sharky.

Thing is, anyone who's dealt with Troy knows he's a GC.

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt any time.
BY Jellybelly
TmcB wrote:It’s more that there’s a bit of a cultural thing that forum bros do forum bro pricing - we’re all GASsy trade me trawlers and know what we *could* get for it but choose help the bros out. There’s a preference to sell something at cost or even a bit less as long as it “stays in the family.” Hence all the verbiage around “Trademe/Facebook wolves.” I know that’s teaching you to suck eggs but I thought it worthwhile putting down in text.

Your issue is that you’re super visible as a TM GAS guru so whilst you’re doing some epic gear swappage to free up the maximum amount of gold (boy do I know dem feelz) it *looks* like you’re being a bit sharky.

Fully understand and point taken.
I did sell it to Nik to start with at what it cost me.

I lead a soul less life at best. No social life. Stress and depression run rife.
TM, playing poorly (at home on my own) and trying new bits is my saving grace.
Without a doubt I am sure I would not be here without any of the above to take my mind off what runs through my head at times.
Every now and the there is a small win but for the most part it is a lose, lose setup.
Thousands apon thousands wasted.
Drink or drugs would be cheaper at the end of the day (niether of which I do)

If anyone is upset then the offer is there.
The last thing I want to do is piss anyone off.
I am sure Nik will happily pack it and send it to someone at their cost.
BY Jellybelly
JHorner wrote:

Thanks man.
Last thing I want to do is create issues. :(
I am guessing the G stands for Grey :D
At the least that is how it feels ......... almost half way through 48hour stint at work.
BY Bg
TmcB wrote:It’s more that there’s a bit of a cultural thing that forum bros do forum bro pricing - we’re all GASsy trade me trawlers and know what we *could* get for it but choose help the bros out. There’s a preference to sell something at cost or even a bit less as long as it “stays in the family.” Hence all the verbiage around “Trademe/Facebook wolves.” I know that’s teaching you to suck eggs but I thought it worthwhile putting down in text.

Yep this, two sides to every story I guess. It surely looked like instant profit trick ;)
BY TmcB
JHorner wrote:

I’ve dealt with him too - genuine GAS lord and great guy which is why I tried to emphasise to the “look” part in that post
BY Jellybelly
No offence taken guys.
Just pleading my case before the pitchforks and torches come out :)
Seriously $150 and she is sold.
either of the two that are on trademe $265, The webber Mass $225.
BY sizzlingbadger
This is back on the block for $150 + shipping.

I somehow missed the gossip in this thread too...

Troy has always been great to deal with, he paid for the THD and my Friedman in full and was going to arrange for them to picked up later. I was in no hurry to shift them out of the garage so they stayed there while Troy was busy (all communicated to me). A couple of weeks later I had the opportunity to keep the Friedman and Troy gracefully allowed me to purchase it back. In fact I still owe him some cash as he has allowed me to make a couple of payments over this month.

We have both come to an arrangement on the THD to save me shipping it out, its on TradeMe now too. I have no issues with Troy, I got what I wanted for the THD. It was just coincidence that he had one to list too.
BY AiRdAd
Crazy price at 150!!!!