ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Molly
Slowy wrote:
Molly wrote:As per this listing. $1,400 to locals.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1603526151

So Molly, do the extra switching options make any real difference?

Yes. They do actually. I don't like them all. The neck one is really nice (I think that's when they're all on) but the bridge one not so much (that kind of out of phase tone I think you'd describe it as).
BY olegmcnoleg
Molly wrote:
Slowy wrote:
Molly wrote:As per this listing. $1,400 to locals.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1603526151

So Molly, do the extra switching options make any real difference?

Yes. They do actually. I don't like them all. The neck one is really nice (I think that's when they're all on) but the bridge one not so much (that kind of out of phase tone I think you'd describe it as).

I agree, the later versions of that switching tech are good, you get a passable neck humbucker sound. The other options are a usable too, though of course they are not going to make your Strat into a Les Paul.
Great price
BY Conway
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Molly wrote:
shafter wrote:My Word that's a nice looking guitar...

Indeed it is. Thanks. Just sold it in an outside deal.

Thank goodness, I was talking myself into it.

How about a Tom Anderson Mongrel, Oleg? :wink: I could take blue Suhr in trade... blue being the important word. 8)
BY olegmcnoleg
Conway wrote:
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Molly wrote:
Indeed it is. Thanks. Just sold it in an outside deal.

Thank goodness, I was talking myself into it.

How about a Tom Anderson Mongrel, Oleg? :wink: I could take blue Suhr in trade... blue being the important word. 8)

Tempting, but I’m too attached to the Suhr.

Are you going through another blue period, Picasso?
BY AiRdAd
It's a good time to mention - if you buy a guitar off Molly, you know that he's been through it with a fine tooth comb, new strings, set the action, intonation etc.
BY Conway
olegmcnoleg wrote:Are you going through another blue period, Picasso?

Blue is never far from my heart and soul.

Perhaps I need to talk to my doc about upping my meds....