ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Kloppsta
It seems I never really learn. :crazy: I picked this amp up recently after selling my Headrush Pedalboard modeler, yearning a return to tubes and real cabinets.

While it satiates that thirst in spades, I knew as I handed over the cash that it was more amp than I would need and be able to put to good use but couldn't resist the temptation and the price and jumped in. I originally wanted to get a small, very low watt (like 5W or less) lunch box amp or even something like a Fryette GPDI and some pedals which in hindsight should have been the path I chose to pursue.

The reality of my situation is that I don't get a lot of time to practice and certainly not any louder than whisper quiet volumes. So even in its low power mode (around 28W) its still not really practical for me, mostly due to the proximity of my practice "area" to my kids bedrooms and the time at which I am actually free to actually play (once they have gone to sleep). I also don't play gigs and the band I'm in i play acoustic so once again, a stellar piece of kit sits quietly in the corner not getting the use it deserves.

So, here I go again putting said gear on the chopping block in an effort to listen to the voice on the more rational side of my shoulders saying buy an amp that suits your needs at this time. Unfortunately I cant keep this AND buy the more suitable rig. Something has to go. I'm bitter about the situation because I would really like to keep this amp for "when" it becomes more practical for my use. It is such a great sounding, feature rich amp that is/will be impossible to replace at anywhere near the price I am selling it for. These amps retailed for almost $6k when they were sold in NZ and importing one would likely cost a similar amount.

Anyway, most people here will already know Paul Rivera, his history and his amps. Only the highest quality components are used throughout and nothing is done to make the bean counters happy. This is amp engineering at its finest. Akin to Diezel, Bogner and other "booteek" builders.

The main specs are:
Currently running 6L6's but can also run EL34's
Handcrafted by Rivera Research & Development, Sun Vally, Cailifornia, USA
With our development of a new Patent Pending 3 Channel Tri-Tone All-Tube circuit architecture, a player is given a range of incredible sounds. From shimmering and rich clean tones, to screaming high gain leads; impeccable note definition along with massive bottom end crunch tones can be reached. Three preamp Channels, powered with 5 12AX7s, work to establish each with distinctive voicing and levels. 3 Spring-Accutronics Reverb containing dual reverb controls, allows adjustment of different reverb levels for lead and rhythm. Footswitchable Boosts on several channels are featured, as well as an Effects Loop Bypass switch.

Lead/Crunch Channels include 3 bands of interactive passive tone controls. A Pull Scoop switch exists to deepen the midrange notch. For the Rhythm and Blues channel, 3 bands of equalization along with a Pull Bright Switch, and a Midrange Pull Notch switch, give a choice of British/Tweed or American Blackface tones. Also, Channel one features a pull contour for fatter bass.

Focus and Presence controls for the final equalization of the EL-34 (55 Watt has 2 EL-34s, and the 100 Watt has 4 EL-34s) power amp section round out the variables. 6L6GCs may be installed by just adjusting the bias (an internal adjustment). Power and Standby switches are on the front panel as well. All channels, boosts, FX loop and reverbs are midi switchable and programmable with the included Rivera Headmaster Midi pedal (FS-9).

Rear panel features include: Series/Parallel Effects Loop with Level and Blend controls, equalized Recording Output, subwoofer Output (for hooking up to our powered Los Lobottom® Sub 1 or Sub 2 subwoofers), an Impedance Selector with two speaker jacks, High/Low Power Switch, and a Vintage/Triode switch (allows for 100/50/25/12 Watt Output Power selection) and Midi In/Out/Thru and midi channel selector. "

It comes with two Rivera FS9 Head Master Midi Multi-Function Footswitches for controlling Knucklehead head and also external effects.
One of the Headmaster's has an issue with the LED display. Some digits are "missing" but it can still be made out what number is on the display and it doesn't affect the switching functionality.

It's still in excellent condition. Pickup is from Sunnynook, North Shore, Auckland.

Asking price is $1600
It is an INSANE amount of amp for the money.

BY jeremyb
Would you sell the "HEAD MASTER" on it's own :mrgreen:
BY Kloppsta
jeremyb wrote:Would you sell the "HEAD MASTER" on it's own :mrgreen:

hahaha, should have known you would pick that up ;-) Nah, will keep the head masters together i think.
i have just found a new pet name for my better half though ;-) haha
BY Kloppsta
olegmcnoleg wrote:Wow, what a lovely amp. I don't need it either, but I like it.

You sir have good taste, and more restraint than me! :) haha
BY jeremyb
Kloppsta wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Would you sell the "HEAD MASTER" on it's own :mrgreen:

hahaha, should have known you would pick that up ;-) Nah, will keep the head masters together i think.
i have just found a new pet name for my better half though ;-) haha

:lol:
BY Kloppsta
bbrunskill wrote:Can I please buy one of the foot switches? Happy with the dud one!

sorry Ben, prefer to keep them together at this stage :)
BY Olderama
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Olderama wrote:Awwww man I live in the wrong city

It's not often you hear out-of-towners moaning about NOT living in Auckland.

Nah I’d move house buy it then move back :rofl:
BY Kloppsta
griff7628 wrote:Run it through a load box maybe? Captors aren't too pricey

Had thought about that but the really decent ones can be pretty expensive. More than I am willing to spend at least.
At the end of the day, its more amp than I can really put to good use anyway.