ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Darth Sabbathi
Anyone want a nice SG? I have a very handsome 2011 Standard Limited for your consideration.

Limited? Yes, limited. Aside from the super cool Aged Cherry finish, the most awesome thing about this is that it has a fat neck! Yep, an SG with a fat neck. Not quite full 50s baseball, but it is decidedly chunky. It also has a baked maple fretboard, which is actually quite cool. This particular one is nice and dark, and feels like ebony. Soundwise it has a bit more spank than rosewood.

I did a bit of messing with it: replaced the PCB wiring with a regular harness, 50s style, and gave it a bone nut. All improvements in my book, but you know, one man's upgrade is another man's butchery.

Pickups are stock 490/498.

Condition is very good overall - couple of chips in the finish, nothing major. The case is a little the worse for wear - it suffered some water damage. Thankfully the guitar was not it at the time. Bit of discolouration on the lining, but otherwise it is solid.

$1250 plus shipping.

More pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/sISgkhvVE76XBZy52
Last edited by Darth Sabbathi on Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BY Darth Sabbathi
I would be happy to sell this for $1300 with the stock pickups (498/490) instead of the Fralins. I reckon the Pure PAFs are well worth it (they cost me around $350), but just putting the option out there.
BY hamo
I could probably afford to buy the strings
BY GrantB
What a wonderful time to be alive!
Fucking hell. $1200 for a perfectly good SG Standard. What is the world coming to... I swear $1500 was the norm not a year ago. Shouldn't complain too much - I didn't pay much more for it (though I did pay more).

Just bad timing? Or is the market for 2nd hand Gibsons tanking? :?
BY AiRdAd
There was a cool black one with extra frets that went a couple of weeks ago for a similar price.