ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY sizzlingbadger
Decided to keep the 490R / 490T Gibson pickups after all. So the Whole Lotta Humbuckers are up for sale, used for about a week. 4 conductor Nickel.

$220 the pair inc shipping.

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 06.34.21.jpg
Last edited by sizzlingbadger on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
BY mrmofo
I love the 490 series pick ups.
they respond well to dynamics, they are very dirt focused but can get a really nice mellow tone. if took me a while to like them but now I prefer them over classic 57`s.
Much more raunchy, darker, mellow than 57`s but much harder to dial in and rely on the perfect height from the strings. well worth the trouble imo.
I agree, I'm not really sure why I bothered changing them out, I guess it was just to see "what if ?" The key is to make sure the neck pup is backed off well away from the strings on the bass side and then its sounds beautifully balanced and round. They have a great metallic chime to them instead of the spiky sharp nature of the 57's.

I find the WLH's a bit brighter but they have a spiky-ness too (not unlike the 57's) on edge of break up tones that I'm trying to dial out. Again backing them off from the strings seems to work well.