ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY matman
We have one my boy has outgrown- let me see what he wants to do with it.
BY AiRdAd
cool :-)

Have you thought about a uke? My little one is getting really good with hers, and really enjoys it.
BY sty
I've got a squire mini that I think I could move on, I'm sure the kids would be able to move up to one of my smaller full size guitars if they want to start practicing again.

It's basically a small Strat (I think I strung this with 10s due to the shorter scale, but you'd probably change the strings anyway), in black with white scratch plate. Simple fixed bridge, basic electronics (you wouldn't be gigging this ;) ). What I really liked about these were that they're small and the necks are small as well so suit the very small hands of young kids - I think my youngest was using one of these when they 5.

There's two of those mini's in this shot one either side of the hi-fi speaker (both identical but one has a weird bridge screw instead of the headerless proper one).

I'll try and find a better photo that will give an idea of size. they're really quite small.
BY sty

OK here's on from when Jack was 5 years old (and he is/was very short), that's a Marshal TSL601 1x12 combo for comparison
BY kwhelan
yeah thats what I'm looking at I can get one new for $120 Artist but it seems there's a heap of brand ones around like squire mini
BY sty
kwhelan wrote:yeah thats what I'm looking at I can get one new for $120 Artist but it seems there's a heap of brand ones around like squire mini

Happy to let it go for $50 but no idea what shipping from CHCH, to wherever you are would be for you.

I'll give it the once over tonight and make sure it plays through an amp OK (no reason to suggest it won't but I'll feel better if I've tested it). I'm busy for next few days but I'll see if I can find some packing or anything over the weekend if you're interested.
BY kwhelan
Wow, Nice room and gear,great looking guitars,
bet the whole top floor shakes when you crank up iron maiden on that.
Makes using a record player difficult, my whole turntable would vibrate so much that it would feedback through the needle and you got this loud rumble thru speakers

There's two of those mini's in this shot one either side of the hi-fi speaker (both identical but one has a weird bridge screw instead of the headerless proper one).

I'll try and find a better photo that will give an idea of size. they're really quite small.[/quote]
BY matman
That’s a better option than my son’s (His is a Samick and his price expectations were a bit out there)
BY sty
kwhelan wrote:Wow, Nice room and gear,great looking guitars,
bet the whole top floor shakes when you crank up iron maiden on that.
Makes using a record player difficult, my whole turntable would vibrate so much that it would feedback through the needle and you got this loud rumble thru speakers

Thanks

It's a sort of temp setup in the spare room over the garage until I get the new studio/office usable and fitted with heat pump.

The hi-fi is great blasting out the Maiden and anything else (you want to hear the bass that comes off Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up 12" single ;) ) without issue.

The only issue is if one of the kids comes bounding across the floor from the stairs to chat to me at the desk and that can bounce the record due to the floor spring. They have no real idea about vinyl, although they're getting there I suppose... Won't be an issue in the new studio/office as that has solid concrete slab :)