ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Mini Forklift Ⓥ
Selling my #1 guitar to help fund a Gibson LP (again). Has been nicely setup with .011-.049's by Alan Farrow of Christchurch, plays lovely. The control knobs were pretty bright so I relic'd and dulled them, the pickups have lost their alpine white colour simply from this guitar being played a lot :)

I don't actually know a lot about the body other than it's extremely resonant. What I do know:

* Fender USA pickups
* John Mayer Custom Shop neck (guessing it's of Asian descent but absolutely no issues with it). Neck is pretty chunky in the hand, raw/unfinished at the back with rosewood fingerboard, 6150 fretwire and gold/pearloid tuners

Looking for $800
Last edited by Mini Forklift Ⓥ on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
can you clarify how much of it is real fender, just the neck and pickups? are all the electrics, bridge hardware, tuners etc fender or is it more an aliexpress relic with new pickups and neck,
kwhelan wrote:can you clarify how much of it is real fender, just the neck and pickups? are all the electrics, bridge hardware, tuners etc fender or is it more an aliexpress relic with new pickups and neck,

I am 99% certain the neck is not from Fender Custom Shop, hence why I alluded to it being built somewhere in Asia. It is lovely though and certainly looks, feels & plays the part - I bought it for $150 to replace the neck that was originally on this. When I took it into Alan Farrow for a setup he informed me that the frets had been dressed and he thought the neck was really nice.

I’ve never looked at the electronics so can’t comment there, but again no issues though. Pickups are genuine Fender USA’s, not a lot of hum off them either. The bridge is unbranded.

Welcome to come and have a look if you’re around Christchurch at any point.
BY Molly
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Up for sale again to feed my GAS desires.

Any interest at a lower price? Have lowered to $650.

You'd probably get more by breaking it down and selling the bits.
Molly wrote:

Yep, and I’ll happily give you $150 for the neck if you do. Do you still have the old neck you took off?
olegmcnoleg wrote:
Molly wrote:

Yep, and I’ll happily give you $150 for the neck if you do. Do you still have the old neck you took off?

The original neck went to someone on here, just can’t remember who ?!