ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
I put this together a few years back from a 1993 MIJ Tele. Body is a med relic MJT swamp ash, very light and resonant. Amazing relic job - looks the part of a 50+ year old gat, but the finish is actually smooth. Schaller straplocks, oil in paper capacitor (Vitamin Q). Klein Epic bridge pickup (extra hot, 7.7k 1952 series IIRC, so think Broadcaster) with Klein Firebird neck pickup.
Single ply pickguard, medium fretwire (not vintage thin, but not modern jumbo styles either), Joe Barden compensated brass bridge. Strung with 10-46 elixirs.
Comes with Gator hardcase.

$1000.

Traded to Jelly, then bought back but the reality is in its absence I've become enamored with the Suhr Tele and THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE.

Gallery here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/2i7WP
Last edited by null_pointer on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not to be flippant, but how realistic do you think the price is? I ask mainly because I'm once again thinking of selling my Cabronita — which is similarly MJT-bodied — and I'm wondering if I could reasonably ask a similar price. The Cabronita has an Allparts neck, which is perhaps not quite as valuable as a Fender-branded one, but both guitars are partscasters of probably similar quality.
twangnsnarl wrote:Not to be flippant, but how realistic do you think the price is? I ask mainly because I'm once again thinking of selling my Cabronita — which is similarly MJT-bodied — and I'm wondering if I could reasonably ask a similar price. The Cabronita has an Allparts neck, which is perhaps not quite as valuable as a Fender-branded one, but both guitars are partscasters of probably similar quality.

*Shrug* when I sold it previously, it was at that sort of mark, and I paid the same to re-buy it so pretty realistic I’d think. I expect the main difference is Cabs have a smaller market so getting it in front of a buyer is more difficult vs a Vanilla tele
null_pointer wrote:...Actually I sold it for more than what I’m asking, and paid more as well to get back.

Mm, I thought presumably someone had paid roughly that much to take it off you in the first place. It's a great looking guitar. :thumbup:

I've some thinking to do then.
twangnsnarl wrote:
null_pointer wrote:...Actually I sold it for more than what I’m asking, and paid more as well to get back.

Mm, I thought presumably someone had paid roughly that much to take it off you in the first place. It's a great looking guitar. :thumbup:

I've some thinking to do then.

I Can confirm that 100 percent I paid more and it was sold back for more than the asking price.
Body is a stunning mjt relic. The pickups are worth the price of admission on their own :thumbup:
Fek'n tempted to get it headed back this way.
MattAnt wrote:FYI Selling this one on if anyone missed out the last time :) same price

Damn I really like this... shooting for a work bonus at the end of the month. Could be keen if I get the bonus and this is still available, which it probably won't be!