ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Molly
Going to be clearing-out a few bits and pieces so check back for updates. Starting with this Visual Sound VS-XO fancy-pants, boutique dual overdrive.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1531631370

$130.

The Strat neck is the one I got from Kloppsta (viewtopic.php?f=49&t=33709). Don't be mislead by the details in that link. It's actually for a Strat body with a contour heel. $150.

Fitted vintage style tuners (they don't come with it) which covered the original tuner screw holes completely.

OK. Also got a padded Sundown cover made for a 212 amp. Had this on my Bluesbreaker and also on the Top Hat 212 combo. Was a nice fit on the Top Hat which was a tad deeper than the BB. Measuring seam to seam it's approx 28cm x 73cm and 57cm high. $60. Think I can cram it into a Post Bag. Tracked, say $8. Courier upgrade $10.

Last edited by Molly on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
BY Bg
the second pic though is clearly necks for a contoured heel type?
BY Kris
ive got a mate who is after an attenuator,ill see if that tickles his boat fancier. Although he's got some sort of super cork bias going on and is thinking more the lines of a suhr reactive load....
BY Molly
Bg wrote:the second pic though is clearly necks for a contoured heel type?

How clearly? Not mentioned (might reasonably have been you'd think) and wasn't the one in the link. Wasn't just me. Oleg got stiffed too. The post-Christmas refund promised in a subsequent PM didn't materialise either. Just this: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=34166 So I'll just sell it, but this time with full disclosure.
BY godgrinder
Kris wrote:ive got a mate who is after an attenuator,ill see if that tickles his boat fancier. Although he's got some sort of super cork bias going on and is thinking more the lines of a suhr reactive load....

The Suhr one is more for silent recording. You can't attenuate what's going to the cab, so it's either silent (with cab unplugged) or full blast.
BY AiRdAd
Kris wrote:ive got a mate who is after an attenuator,ill see if that tickles his boat fancier. Although he's got some sort of super cork bias going on and is thinking more the lines of a suhr reactive load....

A Suhr reactive load won't attenuate, its just a load box
BY Bg
Molly wrote:

How clearly? Not mentioned (might reasonably have been you'd think) and wasn't the one in the link. Wasn't just me. Oleg got stiffed too. The post-Christmas refund promised in a subsequent PM didn't materialise either. Just this: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=34166 So I'll just sell it, but this time with full disclosure.

I think it helps to know the offset screw hole pattern. Anyway, no idea what went on between you guys. Don't really want to know as it sounds like a can of worms.
BY Kris
AiRdAd wrote:

my bad,i meant either or.Maybe ill start a thread when he's actually gonna drop some coin.he's got an EVH stealth and its not a bedroom friendly amp!
BY AiRdAd
Best thing would be to give me the stealth!!!
BY godgrinder
Kris wrote:my bad,i meant either or.Maybe ill start a thread when he's actually gonna drop some coin.he's got an EVH stealth and its not a bedroom friendly amp!

Just chuck an eq pedal in the loop and turn the level fader down. Or an EHX Signal Pad. No point using attenuator on a high gain master volume amp really.
BY chur
Kris wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:

my bad,i meant either or.Maybe ill start a thread when he's actually gonna drop some coin.he's got an EVH stealth and its not a bedroom friendly amp!

Reactive load and IR loader.. (or Torpedo live or something) My AMT Pangea IR loader and Bad Cat Unleash load sound way better through cans or monitoring speakers than a bedroom level cab. Well bedroom level at our house anyway.. even an iso box was too boomy here however..
BY Kloppsta
Molly wrote:

How clearly? Not mentioned (might reasonably have been you'd think) and wasn't the one in the link. Wasn't just me. Oleg got stiffed too. The post-Christmas refund promised in a subsequent PM didn't materialise either. Just this: http://nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=34166 So I'll just sell it, but this time with full disclosure.

I have deliberated even responding to this as I really don't think it deserves my time, effort nor energy. However since you decided to get personal and insinuate that I "stiffed" you and or any other member of this forum pisses me off immensely. As with all stories, there are always two sides. You can pedal your version of events any way you wish. I cant be bothered getting into it any more than this. I will say though that you are flat out wrong in your assumption and accusation that I "stiffed" you or anyone else with the necks.

I think you need to go back and read your PM's. I did not ever promise you a refund after Christmas like you say in your above post. In between the time we spoke about the neck over PM, you decided to continue to install it on your guitar anyway and install different size tuners (despite me telling you which ones where on the guitar originally so as to match up the original screw holes). You also then subsequently tried to sell it off again. Is it not reasonable for me to assume you had moved on and where not waiting with bated breath for a refund consideration once costs from the silly season had settled? Especially since in your PM you even said you would be looking for a new neck, then evidently you changed your mind and installed the one you bought from me anyway.

The original listing (which you have kindly linked) shows (imho) the neck heel of both necks quite clearly. I also specified in the link that i was not 100% sure it was exactly the same as the web listing i linked to. Again, you fail to provide an accurate account of events. I also explained to you when you contacted me (a few weeks after you received the neck I might add) that I had completely overlooked the contoured heel of the necks and have never nor would ever knowingly mislead anyone with any of my listings. I mean come on, if i was trying to deceive anyone, why would I include photos of the necks showing the heel? :eh: It was a simple oversight on my part. I was so used to the necks as they were (and it should be noted that ALL of my guitars have contoured heels, so in my experience they are the rule, not the exception - which i appreciate is not the same for everyone, vis-à-vis the omission of this specific information in my original listing.)

I have bought and sold HUNDREDS of items over the years through the forum. I can recall this instance and 1 other instance being the only examples of where something hasn't gone smoothly. I always list my items with accurate information and descriptions and my pricing has always been very fair. In most cases I sell below the "standard" second hand rate, simply to get a quick sale.

Any way, I shouldn't need to justify my position or provide my version of events. I just don't appreciate you accusing me of deceiving you and if you are going to "call me out" on a public forum, at least provide an accurate account of the events.