ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Delayman
I forgot one of the pedals in my pedal clearout. Posting it separately to avoid looking like bumpage on the other thread.

It's a DOD FX80b Compressor.
It's the orange on in this photo.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1158691997594588.1073741829.100003613953493&type=1&l=180f83c044

Haven't used it for ages, but works fine. One knob missing, and the others have the little cover off the top missing. Like all of these DOD pedals, the battery cover is missing. It has the odd minijack power input, so I will include an adapter to get from your normal 9v pedal supply.

$50? offers welcome.

Don't forget to look at my Tele auction...
BY Single coil
The two knob 280 was optical. Bit noisy and had a tendency to get real squishy, but a cool little unit.
BY Delayman
Hi. Google says it’s OTA based. So not optical.

By the way the “b” on the end of fx80b doesn’t mean it’s a bass version. It’s a second version of the guitar pedal.
BY Delayman
Single coil wrote:The two knob 280 was optical. Bit noisy and had a tendency to get real squishy, but a cool little unit.

So you mean the 280 was noisy and squishy? Not this one?
BY Single coil
Everything in the post refers to the old two knob unit, yes.
It has been reissued; one assumes they’ve tidied some bits up.
BY Delayman
Single coil wrote:Everything in the post refers to the old two knob unit, yes.
It has been reissued; one assumes they’ve tidied some bits up.

Cool, thanks.

Now I can go and play on my lovely Tele until somebody snaps it up. Mmmmmmm
BY jeremyb
Most OTA based compressors can get noisy too as you wind the sustain towards infinity :)
BY Delayman
jeremyb wrote:Most OTA based compressors can get noisy too as you wind the sustain towards infinity :)

Makes sense as you’d be raising the volume of all the extraneous stuff you don’t hear normally. I remember some of the guys in the 80s with their super distorted and compressed sounds had massive noise going on.
BY jeremyb
Delayman wrote:
jeremyb wrote:Most OTA based compressors can get noisy too as you wind the sustain towards infinity :)

Makes sense as you’d be raising the volume of all the extraneous stuff you don’t hear normally. I remember some of the guys in the 80s with their super distorted and compressed sounds had massive noise going on.

Yarrr for sure!
BY Kris
i had one of these a long time ago and it was excellent paired with anything for my 4 track recordings.Dunno if thats a useful endorsement but...yaeh :)