ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Delayman
Hi team

I have bought Troy's deluxe strat. So I want to sell my tele to fund it.

My 1989 Tele has been sitting unloved for a long time (since i got my SG really). Only just put strings on it this week after a long time. It has a bit of work needed - nothing huge, but having no luthier in my town makes it tough.

So, it's 1989 MIA with lil59s in both positions. I have the pickups it came with, but i don't think they're original (the bridge is a seymour duncan that I found underwhelming, either faulty or wired in wrong when i got it). Also have the original saddles tamhat have been replaced with graphtechs.

22 fret 1 piece maple neck, gloss fretboard. Pretty sure it's a 7.25 radius, but I only have 12" guitars to compare it to.

Work needed to make it amazing:

Fretdress/polish - they are flattened off .
Nut - I only just strung it up yesterday, but i used to notice a bit of "sitaring" on the high E, can't get it to do today but I thought it was an issue before. Usually that means the nut slot is too big.
Probably you'll want to take the lil59s off, but the pick guard had to be slightly reshaped to take them, so you'll need a new pick guard.

Open to offers now.

I'll have a go at the images via Facebook, might take me a while to sort. I can't seem to get any images to display here (i've tried putting the url inside the Img tags, but no luck. You don't need to have a Facebook account to see the album below.

Here's the Facebook album:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1158431660953955.1073741828.100003613953493&type=1&l=2b3142e351

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1158432047620583&l=047a1b402c[/img]
Last edited by Delayman on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 9 times in total.
BY Delayman
Here is this tele being played. Was a rough track to show the Flyrig pedal off, but you can hear the guitar.

http://www.nzguitars.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28276&p=627584&hilit=flyrig+soundcloud#p627584
BY Single coil
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaym
BY jeremyb
Waiting patiently for pedals for sale thread :mrgreen:
BY Delayman
jeremyb wrote:Waiting patiently for pedals for sale thread :mrgreen:

I’ve taken a photo but won’t get to a pc till tonight, daughter’s birthday today sorry.
BY Delayman
I realise this thread is verging on the dreaded E.O.I but does anybody have any suggestions on what price range I should expect for this tele?
BY Single coil
I’m guna say if you get less than 1300 you’re doing something wrong.
BY Timoes
Single coil wrote:I’m guna say if you get less than 1300 you’re doing something wrong.

This true specially if you have original case. I really like the"E" series Fender product. They were putting out consistant quality at that time after the takeover from CBS. I have a few Es in my rack. All very good and would not consider letting any of them go. They seem to be starting to attract attention inthe US recently too.
BY Single coil
Timoes wrote:I have a few Es in my rack.

Oh my.
BY Timoes
Quadruple Es. Beauty big bouncy buxom EEEEssss. All four of them. Moooo.
BY Delayman
Ok, this is now for sale. $1400 includes fender case (there is a photo on the Facebook album now). Open to chatting about price, as I've committed to Troy's deluxe strat.

If it makes a difference to you, I reckon its weight is about 3.8kg. Scientifically calculated by hopping on scales with and without guitar in hand. Very solid feeling guitar.
BY Delayman
I am at Karapiro this weekend if that's close to anybody who is tele-inclined.
BY Delayman
Not just a bump, a price reduction to $1350 to start discussions....
BY Single coil
oh holy fuck
BY Delayman
Single coil wrote:oh holy fuck

You could do amazing things with this tele! I have a black pick guard somewhere too.