ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
sizzlingbadger wrote:I've never done a re-fret, I'm sure I could but won't start practicing on this guitar. I'll probably get them done along with a bar bridge and then look at pickups. May consider a re-fin too but would keep it traditional clear/black burst.

We''ll see how much I like it first.

Once again, my, "No. Wait till you get home" has saved me from something cool that I don't really need. Thank you Badger!
sizzlingbadger wrote:I've never done a re-fret, I'm sure I could but won't start practicing on this guitar. I'll probably get them done along with a bar bridge and then look at pickups. May consider a re-fin too but would keep it traditional clear/black burst.

We''ll see how much I like it first.

Is you do decide to refinish it, you should definitely check out the other colours they came in. Most common are cherry and sunburst (which I've never liked on a Corvette) but they also came in some really cool pastel colours (Princess models) and classic Gretsch olive green (which looks amazing) as well as the silver and gold dukes (which have a really sparse sparkle).
I’ve seen a black one....looked great. Black is quite a hard finish to get perfect though.

If you need a refret done prior to it heading your way, let Ben know and we might be able to hook something up....I have some pending jobs from his neck of the woods!
GrantB wrote:I’ve seen a black one....looked great. Black is quite a hard finish to get perfect though.

If you need a refret done prior to it heading your way, let Ben know and we might be able to hook something up....I have some pending jobs from his neck of the woods!

He actually lives in the woods.
Sale has fallen through- sizzlingbadger discovered a neck repair that I didn't know about.

I really need this gone- I'll take $750 which is a huge loss, and a great price for a lovely piece of old wood (despite its mongrelness).