ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Mattallica
Hi Team,

I'm keen to get into MTS game, but not without clearing out some space first. Happy to deliver bigger items for CHCH peeps. If you're further afield you could twist my arm for shipping the smaller items. Pedals are no trouble either way, all have velcro.

Amps:

.Peavey Classic 50/50 - EL84 power amp, lots of routing options, extremely transparent - $400
.Orange Micro Terror Dark - Has velcro and is missing a foot screw - $200
.Hiwatt Maxwatt G15R - $99

Guitars:

.Gibson Firebird Studio - $1300
.Kramer Assault 211FR - good value wang bar action, with hardcase - $300

Pedals:

.Tech 21 Blonde - $150
.Tech 21 Boost Distortion - $120
.EHX HolyStain - $140
.AMT Pangaea CP-100 - $250
.Laney IRT Pulse with Laney FS1 - $350

Pickups:

.Gibson 490R & 490T black ex LP - $140
.Gibson 490R & 490T black ex SG - $140
.Gibson unmarked black set from my Silverburst LP, i believe they are 490R & 498T - $140
.EMG 707 x2 - $100 each
.SD SH Full Shred bridge zebra - $90
.SD SH Custom 5 bridge white - $90
.SD SH Jazz bridge zebra - $90
.Ibanez Quantum H set - $50
.Epiphone open coil alnico classic set - $50
Last edited by Mattallica on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:32 am, edited 13 times in total.
BY olegmcnoleg
A noble quest indeed. You could usefully keep that stereo power amp for now, and get a 4-module preamp chassis...that's a real bargain too!
BY Mattallica
olegmcnoleg wrote:A noble quest indeed. You could usefully keep that stereo power amp for now, and get a 4-module preamp chassis...that's a real bargain too!

That's a good call Oleg'. The preamp chassis would have to be significantly cheaper than one of those empty RM100 heads from Musicworks though, as i've now got the taste of EL34 goodness!
BY olegmcnoleg
Yeah, ideally, you would eventually get the MTS stereo power amp with the midi switching between EL34 and 6L6, it is awesome. Hard to find though, it took me ages to source a complete setup.
BY godgrinder
Mattallica wrote:I can only dream :lol: British amps tend to spin my wheels more anyway, so i won't feel i'm missing out

British amps sound better when you throw some 6550's in them haha.
BY higainer
godgrinder wrote:
Mattallica wrote:I can only dream :lol: British amps tend to spin my wheels more anyway, so i won't feel i'm missing out

British amps sound better when you throw some 6550's in them haha.

Zakk Wylde would agree.
BY moliere
You're not gonna pay 1K for an empty RM100 head are you? They regularly go for $250 USD unloaded (obviously shipping would be rough). I got mine for silly money (RM100, 3 stock modules, 4x12 all for $600 on trade me), but I realise that was a very good deal.

I'd definitely hit them up to negotiate if you're doing the music works thing. They've been trying to sell that thing for many years with no luck.
BY godgrinder
Don't think they'll ever sell these at $1000 and they seem to have a couple in stock. See how much you can haggle it down haha.
BY Mattallica
Thanks guys, i have had some back and forth with MW re the price, telling them the same points. I'll let you know how i get on. I'll keep my eye out for 2nd hand gear too. If another loaded half stack comes up let me know ae ;)