ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Mattallica
Thanks GG. I did consider that one at the time. For an unloaded one, i don't think there will be much value gained between discounted(assumed) new vs $700 2nd hand plus shipping. I am in chch so it'll be a hefty fee.

Pretty sure the clearance stock would be warranted. I know the clearance stock will have the EL34s too.

I'm not sure if i need the mod. Footswitch would be good though. I'm not sure if they are included with the head new?
BY werdna
On the volume pedal, can you set the return to more than zero, so that you can toggle between say 75% and 100%?
BY Mattallica
godgrinder wrote:http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=192547
Have you seen this yet? Might be worth looking into.

Yep i saw your other post, thanks man. While it's a cool unit its heading back to the whole set rack pre amp/power amp setup. I'd still prefer just a simple head with the MTS system for the interchangeability.
BY H671
werdna wrote:On the volume pedal, can you set the return to more than zero, so that you can toggle between say 75% and 100%?

I bought a cheap volume pedal recently & had the same thought as you - What I plan to try is to tape a packing block at the rear of the pedal to limit the return. The main idea would be to set my normal volume at this "Off" position so that the remaining amount of travel would give me my volume boost.
BY werdna
H671 wrote:
werdna wrote:On the volume pedal, can you set the return to more than zero, so that you can toggle between say 75% and 100%?

I bought a cheap volume pedal recently & had the same thought as you - What I plan to try is to tape a packing block at the rear of the pedal to limit the return. The main idea would be to set my normal volume at this "Off" position so that the remaining amount of travel would give me my volume boost.

Hats off to Mesa who put solo boosts on their amps. I wish they came as standard on every single amp. To me they are more necessary than the tone pots, reverb and 90% of the admittedly semi useful stuff that comes standard with amps.
BY Reg18
H671 wrote:

I had a pedal built for me once to do this, it was just a simple volume pot in a pedal but with the added treble bleed mod so when you wind it back it retains the high end, effectively made a preset rhythm level and just turn it off to get a volume jump. It worked very well but ended up just buying a boost and was happier with that. It’s a very simple pedal to make though if you want 2 preset volumes.
BY H671
I won't get too carried away with this, I've only ever had to use a volume boost like this once at church. Normally I'll use pick attack.
BY Single coil
BY Single coil
Build one. :mrgreen:
BY jeremyb
werdna wrote:Pick attack won't get me the decibels I need to be heard over the other guitarist in the band.

You need an Acapulco gold, when I switch mine on the next Galaxy takes note.