ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY opsguy
The Runt is really good!! Between that, the Dirty Shirley and the Smallbox I am long on Friedman!!! Like Molly I would love a BE100 but they are hard to get in NZ.
BY Molly
opsguy wrote:The Runt is really good!! Between that, the Dirty Shirley and the Smallbox I am long on Friedman!!! Like Molly I would love a BE100 but they are hard to get in NZ.

Second-hand one in Christchurch Rockshop. Offered to me for $5,700 ish when I bought the cab. Too rich for me, sadly.
BY Bg
Molly wrote:
opsguy wrote:The Runt is really good!! Between that, the Dirty Shirley and the Smallbox I am long on Friedman!!! Like Molly I would love a BE100 but they are hard to get in NZ.

Second-hand one in Christchurch Rockshop. Offered to me for $5,700 ish when I bought the cab. Too rich for me, sadly.

:zomg:
BY JHorner
Molly wrote:

Think of it as investment.

A bit of beige powdercoat and you could double its value!
BY opsguy
Molly wrote:

I have thought about that too...but Friedman has modified the circuit so you would ideally want a new one....which is even more money. This is what pushed me back towards the Kemper. I am fortunate I can compare the Friedman Kemper profiles with the Runt, Smallbox and Dirty Shirley and to be fair they are very good. I still want a BE100...but its really hard to justify the price.
BY AiRdAd
opsguy wrote:
Molly wrote:

I have thought about that too...but Friedman has modified the circuit so you would ideally want a new one....which is even more money. This is what pushed me back towards the Kemper. I am fortunate I can compare the Friedman Kemper profiles with the Runt, Smallbox and Dirty Shirley and to be fair they are very good. I still want a BE100...but its really hard to justify the price.

I've spent a week with your Smallbox amp. It is lovely sounding. It covers everything from vintage Marshall Plexi, right through to hotrodded Marshall sounds (with extra gain stages invoked.) I'm wondering what the BE-100 offers over and above the SmallBox?
BY opsguy
The BE100 has more gain and a more modern sound, the smallbox is based off a plexi - I am no expert to be fair though. If I compare the Smallbox to the Runt 20 the Runt leans more to the BE100. The dirty Shirley sits more on the plexi side.
BY AiRdAd
Thanks Phil, the BE-100 must have heaps of gain, because your Smallbox has got the same amount of gain as my Ryan modded 100 watt JCM800 with an extra gain stage, and lots of other little tweaks to increase the gain and make it fuller sounding at lower volumes. I was really impressed with it, and after playing it, totally get why people go nuts for them. The other thing that really impressed me was how easy it was to dial in the sound. Great amps. Would love to try a BE-100 too.
BY Conway
Molly wrote:Couldn't sleep last night so was lying in bed at 4am watching Pete Thorn demo the BE-OD. Hngh.... Do I need another one?

$250 pedal.... $5,700 amp.... tough choice.

Get the pedal. At that much gain, it doesn't really make much difference. :moresarc:
BY Conway
Conway wrote:
Molly wrote:Couldn't sleep last night so was lying in bed at 4am watching Pete Thorn demo the BE-OD. Hngh.... Do I need another one?

Get the pedal. At that much gain, it doesn't really make much difference. :moresarc:

This is just a wind up, obviously. I know the true awesomeness of a 5 1/2 grand amp. :wink:
BY Molly
Conway wrote:

Listening to Pete Thorn you could be forgiven for thinking it's a no-brainer.
BY Conway
Molly wrote:
Conway wrote:

Listening to Pete Thorn you could be forgiven for thinking it's a no-brainer.

Especially when he looks you straight in the eye to tell you to get the pedal.