ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
Conway wrote:I may need an intervention!

Don’t look to us. We are enablers, not interveners!
Dunedin Rockshop didn't have that particular Taylor. I was quietly enjoying another when the sales guy, very politely, took it off me and hung it back up. He then invited me to ask should I wish to to plug one in...

Guessing he didn't appreciate me playing it without permission. That or I look like a guy who can't afford a new Taylor.
Conway wrote:Are they noiseless pickups in the Tom Anderson Strat?

(Oh no, here we go again..... stop me Oleg!)

I don't think the mythical Perfect Strat exists, which is why you should have a few of them to cover all the possibilities. :D

(Grant is right, all we do is egg each other on)
Molly wrote:Dunedin Rockshop didn't have that particular Taylor. I was quietly enjoying another when the sales guy, very politely, took it off me and hung it back up. He then invited me to ask should I wish to to plug one in...

Guessing he didn't appreciate me playing it without permission. That or I look like a guy who can't afford a new Taylor.

I told you it was time you got those gang tats removed Molly. You will keep having this problem until you do.
Molly wrote:Dunedin Rockshop didn't have that particular Taylor. I was quietly enjoying another when the sales guy, very politely, took it off me and hung it back up. He then invited me to ask should I wish to to plug one in...

He clearly isn’t a member here then. They should have welcomed you with tea and biscuits!!!
opsguy wrote:

He clearly isn’t a member here then. They should have welcomed you with tea and biscuits!!!

They'd gone to the trouble of making Do Not Touch signs and had two of them in the Taylor section. Signs! I mean... You've just got to obey them, eh?

I was jolly careful with the precious goods and took care to ensure my buttons couldn't scratch it. Still, a sign is a sign and just because a guy wipes his feet on the way into the store is no reason to assume he'll treat the stock with respect...

No biggie. I wasn't buying a new one anyway. Couldn't afford it... ;-)
olegmcnoleg wrote:I don't think the mythical Perfect Strat exists, which is why you should have a few of them to cover all the possibilities. :D

(Grant is right, all we do is egg each other on)

I know the one perfect Strat is out there somewhere, and one day I will find it... although the EJ keeps coming back (5 times so far).

But perhaps I can persuade myself that I really do need 2 Strats.
Conway wrote:I may need an intervention!

Anderson's real first name is Gerald*, which makes it a "G" guitar. :rofl: Is that enough of an intervention?

*this may not be true
Conway wrote::evil: I can clearly read Tom Anderson on the headstock.

It's short for Grunttom Gruntanderson!