ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY TmcB
For sale I have a very special amp, an AC15HTV Heritage Handwired head and cabinet.

This has been upgraded in almost every way to be an absolute gem of an amp.

Essentially, this amp has been upgraded to Matchless specs - tighter filtering, more gain where it matters, and as nice a crunch as it has clean.

The original spec was very nice but the bass was a bit woolly, too much sizzle, not enough crunch and the EF86 channel had strange brilliance and was slightly anaemic sounding.

F&T, Mallory, and Silver Mica caps have been used throughout and have made a stunning difference - this amp sounds gorgeous whilst being incredibly flexible. Specs wise it is 98% a Matchless DC30 minus 2 output tubes. Another way of looking at it is a Nighthawk and a Lightning in one box.

Also upgraded is the speaker – it had a Chinese Vox Blue, a solid speaker but missing the Celestion crunch in the upper midrange. This has been replaced with a genuine Celestion Blue and the amp is so much better for it.

Another small addition is a push/pull pot to go from low to high gain on the Top Boost channel.

Don't miss out on this!

$1400

Trades for bass things, reverbs, WHY

Last edited by TmcB on Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
BY TmcB
jeremyb wrote:Toany! WHY????????

Needs must - need a bunch of gold :(

Having a whale of a time using my Timeline in stereo with this and the Deluxe Reverb - just gorgeous sounding!
BY werdna
Tim,
I am looking for something that I can use to play covers. Needs footswitchable clean and dirty. No volume issues switching i.e. the clean isn't much louder than dirty like my old Mesa. Clean think spanky with a bit of grit, say RHCPs, dirty think Marshall or similar. Preferably can fit a solo boost somehow. Would yours do all this?
BY TmcB
Reg18 wrote:You want a job as a photographer?

:mrgreen:

I'll admit that a couple of those shots used off camera flash because I was looking for an excuse to finally use my kit
BY TmcB
werdna wrote:Tim,
I am looking for something that I can use to play covers. Needs footswitchable clean and dirty. No volume issues switching i.e. the clean isn't much louder than dirty like my old Mesa. Clean think spanky with a bit of grit, say RHCPs, dirty think Marshall or similar. Preferably can fit a solo boost somehow. Would yours do all this?

You'd need to use an A/B box to do footswitching.

The clean is definitely vox clean - you can crank the EQ on the Top boost channel to scoop out all the mids and it'll get super spanky, the EF86 side is really crunchy and always has a bit of grit.

These are in the ball park the tones you can get out of each channel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A66CI7D759k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TykDTbutk9c
BY TmcB
Trades can also be a thing - particularly hollowbody guitars, cool combos, über awesome Reverb pedals.
BY TmcB
Alright, cuttin' me own throwt and all that

$1400

Let's make it happen, gents