ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY slash-ed
Let's try this again...

My band is back together so here comes the wave of re-evaluating excess gear that I've accumulated in the downtime. Pictures for all things can be had if desired.

PRS Tremonti USA - $2600 Sold

It's ex-opsguy, basically in new condition. A shredding rock metal machine with the lowest action I've played in ages. Surprisingly versatile, high output chunk at the bridge and bluesy blues at the neck.

Washburn Custom Shop N4 Korina - $2300

CS one-off, 110% awesomeness. 2.0 neck profile laser-scanned from Nuno's #1. Miles better than the Swamp Ash one that I also had.

Two Notes Torpedo Live - $1100 Sold

The best loadbox/IR loader on the market imo, but since I went back to digital I just haven't used it. Will include the Ownhammer IRs I bought for use with it.

Ash Customworks Super Duper Strat - $1800

It's the one that Zaulkin ordered, it has 3x DiMarzio Area single coils as well as a DiMarzio rail humbucker (Air Norton?0) in the bridge as well. So you can get every single legit tone that you might need. Korina body, flame maple top, all class and all tone.

Bacchus 50's Flying V - $650

Have had this one floating around for awhile. Best stock-pickup PAF-style tones I've heard. Plays great, light as a feather and walks a perfect line between old-school class and straight up badass. Comes with gigbag.
Last edited by slash-ed on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BY Frey
Bro if you want to give me free shipping on that V I'll take it.

Sorry, I'll get my hat.
BY slash-ed
Eruera wrote:Pretty tempted by the Torpedo, that still around?

Tis. If I ever go back to "real" amps I'd buy one again in a heartbeat, but it's been unused since I sold all my amps so it might as well go to someone who'll make full use of it.
BY KentNZ
Ed, did you look into the Torpedo CAB, and why this over that one? Interesting that you've gone digital though. I'm getting a bit annoyed waiting so long for the Amplifire thing and still wondering about the loadbox or emulation options.
BY slash-ed
KentNZ wrote:Ed, did you look into the Torpedo CAB, and why this over that one? Interesting that you've gone digital though. I'm getting a bit annoyed waiting so long for the Amplifire thing and still wondering about the loadbox or emulation options.

Oh, I've gone back and forth between "real amps" and digital and hybrid amps at least 3-4 times in my playing life. I have no doubt that I'll probably switch again. Don't take it as an endorsement of one being better than the other - when I was running my Mesa Mark V through the Torpedo Live it was honestly the most straightforward, great-sounding recorded tone I've ever had from an amp.

The biggest difference is that the CAB is not a load box, it's only an IR-loader. It's designed to take pedal-level signals, so if you're running a rack preamp or a preamp pedal and you want to get more realistic miked cab tones, that's the one you want. It also has some sort of poweramp simulation.

The Live is an IR-loader but it is also a load box. So you can run a full bore raging tube amp output straight into it. And to top it off, it has a reactive load, which makes the dynamic response sound WAY more natural. Most of the old-school loadboxes had a resistive load which never sounded quite right (Palmer PDI etc). Mesa Cab Clone is resistive as well, which is why it just doesn't sound that great. These days the best load boxes on the market pretty much have to be reactive (Two Notes, Suhr etc).
BY KentNZ
KentNZ wrote:Cheers.

And... overnight they announce Amplifirebox has arrived...