ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
So unexpectedly my pedalboard requirements has basically doubled... oops... so heres a couple of week old rockboard solo for sale, $45 shipped to your door :) Comes with spare velcro etc... mint condition...

https://www.rockshop.co.nz/shop/rockboa ... igbag.html
Last edited by jeremyb on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
codedog wrote:Funny that :D I fully intended to use the builtin effects in the Katana but I ended up using it as a clean amp...

Pretty much going the same way, I think if I had the 100W and the foot controller I'd be more likely to use the inbuilt effects, but what I've saved on buying the 50W buys me a couple of sweet pedals :)
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:
codedog wrote:Funny that :D I fully intended to use the builtin effects in the Katana but I ended up using it as a clean amp...

Ditto. The Katana has become a pedal platform for the mean time haha. Suddenly seems quite expensive for a clean channel amp!

I use the Katana quietly on the half Watt. The only other amp I have is a ridiculously loud old Peavey thing in my garage. To be honest I still enjoy playing it :-)
Yeah, having used/owning the switcher, I don't think you'd use the on board effects as much as you'd think, basically due to the real time tweaking issue. If you use a laptop plugged into your amp at all times then no problem, have at it, you can adjust your effects and tweak on the fly, provided your laptop is accessible and your guitar parts aren't too busy.
Otherwise if the rate on your phaser is not quite right, or it's too deep, or too quiet, or...or...you need the laptop to fine tune it. I find it a hassle because band practice is playing time, I want to be able to adjust the sounds I have roughly set up at home without a drummer or bassist so they sit right with everyone when we play together. I don't want to waste 10 minutes adjusting for a three minute song while the drummer and bassist sit there.
I have gone to a Line6 M13 with expression pedal for most of my effects and it works well with the Katana. I can tweak the M13 and the settings stay till next time and there's enough phasers, flanges, rotary speaker, uni vibe simulations that I can be as swirly as I wanna be.
Also the Katana can be throttled right back and still play like "real" amp, where as the Tweaker 18 I have is happier on the too loud side of volume and duller and less lively at comfortable volumes.
Yes, it's big but I am using a compressor, an OD, a distortion, a Univibe, a leslie sim, 2 phasers, 2 flangers, a chorus...and I don't have the cables and power supplies needed to interconnect all of those. So foot print wise it is less than the pedalboard I had, but moar in terms of options and moar tweakable. I could get away with an M9 maybe, but this one was there when the itch needed scratching....