ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY godgrinder
Mattallica wrote:Have you ran it through a separate cab as Matt suggested?

I believe the whole point of buying a 212 combo is so that you don't have to do that...
BY Mattallica
I believe the whole point of buying a 212 combo is so that you don't have to do that...

Totally, you shouldn't have to. I'm not talking from a practical angle here, just relaying what Matt was saying. If it does improve the sound, Jim could trade for a Katana head & cab combo. Or replace the stock speakers in the 2x12 combo. Just throwing options out there :)
BY hamo
Is the Katana-moon over? I haven't even tried one yet...
BY godgrinder
Mattallica wrote:Totally, you shouldn't have to. I'm not talking from a practical angle here, just relaying what Matt was saying. If it does improve the sound, Jim could trade for a Katana head & cab combo. Or replace the stock speakers in the 2x12 combo. Just throwing options out there :)

Sinking more money into a budget amp is almost always a bad idea.

I borrowed a Katana head for a week. It did sound pretty good for the price through my quads, but the retail price of each of these quads were 2-3 times of the Katana head.
BY Aquila Rossa
null_pointer wrote:HOW DARE YOU CROSS THE PICKET LINE MF!!

Nah, its the Tube Union holding the picket line and Katana scabs trying to break thru :)

The Man is trying to bring in zero tube contracts. We will overcome
BY Bg
godgrinder wrote:
Mattallica wrote:Totally, you shouldn't have to. I'm not talking from a practical angle here, just relaying what Matt was saying. If it does improve the sound, Jim could trade for a Katana head & cab combo. Or replace the stock speakers in the 2x12 combo. Just throwing options out there :)

Sinking more money into a budget amp is almost always a bad idea.

I borrowed a Katana head for a week. It did sound pretty good for the price through my quads, but the retail price of each of these quads were 2-3 times of the Katana head.

Not sure what the point of that post is? How did it stack up against the usual amps through your expensive quads... You seemed pretty keen when you posted the clips
BY null_pointer
Gear is gear. Suits some and not others, which is reflective of taste rather than the gear itself. And when you factor in price point the Katana seems great value, but in this case it's not MFs bag.

I had a bit of a play through one last week and thought it sounded fine, but definitely wasn't going to supplant what I already have. Make a hell of a backline amp though if you needed a cover all bases option for a live venue, church, school or whatever. And as evidenced by all the sales, plenty of people like(d) em here. But in 3 months time the head count will make more reflective viewing (just look at the changes in the Helix/Kemper/AxeFX landscape around these parts).