ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY twangnsnarl
Yes, one of those awful EOI threads where I'm not only not sure what it's worth but not even sure I really want to sell it. I love this guitar but I've all but lost interest in playing. Possibly due to a lack of amp and a lack of time to play lately while certain academic endeavours have taken over my life. But I could probably let it go if someone offered the right money. I'm talking about this:

It's an MJT alder body. Fiesta Red nitro relic with some nice checking going on. The neck is an Allparts fatty slightly reshaped to what I think is the perfect profile and finished by Ash/Adrian. The finish along the edges of the fingerboard is broken and feels lovely — buttery is an insufficient descriptor. Adrian assembled the whole guitar for me. Gotoh tuners and bridge. The pickup is a TV Jones Classic. Comes in a slightly ratty hard case which goes well with the relic-ing.
BY AiRdAd
We've talked about this before... keep it :-)
BY jeremyb
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
BY AiRdAd
The thing that worries me is that if you decide to get another guitar at some stage in the future - bang for buck - it won't complete with this one.
BY GrantB
That guitar is sex
BY dayl
AiRdAd wrote:The thing that worries me is that if you decide to get another guitar at some stage in the future - bang for buck - it won't complete with this one.

This.

Thats a special guitar.
BY HackSaw
Get a research grant, and buy Dan's FSR brownie deluxe reverb. Look at the for sale thread - your guitar and that amp belong in the same picture!
BY AiRdAd
Oh, and you should definitely try and make it along to the Tron Gearfest in a couple of weeks :-)
BY StratMatt
That's badass. Don't sell it.
BY twangnsnarl
Consider it off the market. Bad morning with flatmates being quims about power bills and other stupid shit preventing me from thinking sanely. What the guitar owes me plus my emotional attachment versus what it'd likely sell for is not a happy equation — best to keep it.

Gearfest would be a good opportunity to give it a fang and maybe rekindle some of the joy of playing, but I'm gonna be at the writers' festival in Raglan that day doing another thing I love. I'm sure gearfest pics will provide a shot of enthusiasm though! :D
BY HackSaw
twangnsnarl wrote:Consider it off the market. Bad morning with flatmates being quims about power bills and other stupid shit preventing me from thinking sanely. What the guitar owes me plus my emotional attachment versus what it'd likely sell for is not a happy equation — best to keep it.

Gearfest would be a good opportunity to give it a fang and maybe rekindle some of the joy of playing, but I'm gonna be at the writers' festival in Raglan that day doing another thing I love. I'm sure gearfest pics will provide a shot of enthusiasm though! :D

Correct decision.