ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY sizzlingbadger
Fane Alnico guitar speaker, 8ohm 100W, sounds BIG in a 1x12 with lots of low end. Has the detail of an Alnico but without the piercing top end.

$190 shipped.

$_86.JPG
BY Reg18
Dang, I really liked the sound of this one. It was never harsh or peircing but still retained a lot of the detail as you say.
Nice bottom end, even at low volumes too.
Different from V30, smoother and less high mids, more of an American sound if that makes sense. Very solid sound even at low volumes.

Greytown, Wellington.
Last edited by sizzlingbadger on Sat May 20, 2017 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
BY vintage52
sizzlingbadger wrote:I think these were around US$400 so crazy expensive when new.

Would it suit 5E3? Or would it be too loud?

Personal opinion of course.

You're right about the price. Seen them for 45 quid in the UK.
vintage52 wrote:
sizzlingbadger wrote:I think these were around US$400 so crazy expensive when new.

Would it suit 5E3? Or would it be too loud?

Personal opinion of course.

You're right about the price. Seen them for 45 quid in the UK.

If your 5E3 has a volume control it will be fine :winky: its no louder than a Celestion V30 for example.

The more common Fane ceramics might have been 45 quid but I doubt the Alnico was. You should have bought it if that really was the case.
Although these are rated at 100db, owing to different manufacturers varying measurement methods they are quieter than a 100db rated Celestion. If paired with one the Celestion will dominate. Also the 100 watt rating would imply they need volume to warm up whereas they sound excellent at low volume too.
BY AiRdAd
What the hell, blue works for Conway, I may as well try it.
BY vintage52
sizzlingbadger wrote:
The more common Fane ceramics might have been 45 quid but I doubt the Alnico was. You should have bought it if that really was the case.

What I really meant to say is that these seem to be highly under rated as evidenced by one I found online for 45 quid.

This one which looks just like yours.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-guitar-accessories/fane-axa-12-guitar-speaker-alnico-100watts-8-ohms-blue/1219541619