ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY sam_the_bogan
Time to cull the herd again.

Gibson LP DC Standard (2006): http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... 1327208614

Yep, it's blue. This is the mac daddy, 24 fret model. Sounds like any good Les Paul should.
The tone pot has been changed to a push/pull for coil tapping (original pot included too, if you want it).

I've got it up for $1999 on Trademe, but I'd be a lot happier to do a forum price of $1650, with $50 going to the forum.
Last edited by sam_the_bogan on Wed May 24, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mini Forklift Ⓥ wrote:Just wanted to chime in on what a nice looking Strat that is, fair price too. Tempting but my budget has just blown its load. Good luck with the sales, I'm sure they'll go fairly quickly round here!

Thanks :-) I'm all for sharing the love. I got it for a good price in the USA, so it seems fair.

You literally just beat me to BG's LP, I was planning on selling this lot off to pay for it.
sam_the_bogan wrote:
Conway wrote:LOL, just commented on the LP in the trademe thread.

Go on Conway, you need a Gibson in your stable ;-)

I'm not sure if my dislike of guitars starting with G can stand the test, even though it is blue.
Conway wrote:
sam_the_bogan wrote:
Conway wrote:LOL, just commented on the LP in the trademe thread.

Go on Conway, you need a Gibson in your stable ;-)

I'm not sure if my dislike of guitars starting with G can stand the test, even though it is blue.

Hmm, perhaps we need to start you on gradual desensitisation. If it makes you feel any better, these models were possibly an attempt to compete with PRS.
sam_the_bogan wrote:If it makes you feel any better, these models were possibly an attempt to compete with PRS.

Yes, just looking at it, you get that distinct feeling - double cut, no binding, control layout.

What are the pickups?
Conway wrote:
sam_the_bogan wrote:If it makes you feel any better, these models were possibly an attempt to compete with PRS.

Yes, just looking at it, you get that distinct feeling - double cut, no binding, control layout.

What are the pickups?

Well done, you've created a quandary for Conway here...
Whatever the pickups, it still begins with G, and yet it is blue and flamey.

I have a DC standard too, they are wonderful guitars. A bit more air than the normal Les Paul, lighter, and far better upper fret access. Mine has the 490/496 pickups, which actually work very well in it--surprisingly. I dig the Strat too, and the pricing is very keen.
Conway wrote:

What are the pickups?

Not actually sure what the pickups are, I forgot to check when I last restrung it. You're more than welcome to try it out.

I agree with Oleg, it has quite an 'open' sound, which is hard to describe without becoming increasingly esoteric.

In that note, cheers re the prices Oleg. A recent PRS purchase has forced me to let a few things go. Don't worry Conway, it wasn't a 594, just a Custom 24.