ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Bg
Reg18 wrote:How loud does the DJW get before it starts breaking up?
Is there any clean headroom or just all ROCK!

Its got reasonable clean in there. Never going to be gigging volume without going through a 4x12, but then it would be fine :) Or mic'd.
Bg wrote:
Reg18 wrote:How loud does the DJW get before it starts breaking up?
Is there any clean headroom or just all ROCK!

Its got reasonable clean in there. Never going to be gigging volume without going through a 4x12, but then it would be fine :) Or mic'd.

Yeah it's sounds perfect, but I've missed it again!
Snooze you loose I guess!
BY Bg
I can do you a nice little Mk1 Mesa Reissue, sounds even better clean :D
BY Reg18
Bg wrote:I can do you a nice little Mk1 Mesa Reissue, sounds even better clean :D

For $380? Done!
BY Bg
Reg18 wrote:
Bg wrote:I can do you a nice little Mk1 Mesa Reissue, sounds even better clean :D

For $380? Done!

Yes, and no...... may need to sweeten that deal just a little.
BY Reg18
Bg wrote:
Reg18 wrote:

For $380? Done!

$380 is about all that's left after a big spend up this week!
On a different note, reading up this week about Princeton Reverbs and someone said a Mk1 Boogie is loosely based on one, is that true?
BY sizzlingbadger
Reg18 wrote:
Bg wrote:
Reg18 wrote:
For $380? Done!

On a different note, reading up this week about Princeton Reverbs and someone said a Mk1 Boogie is loosely based on one, is that true?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesa_Boogie_Mark_Series

Randall Smith began Mesa/Boogie with a practical joke: he borrowed a Fender Princeton (a small 12-watt amplifier) from his friend, Barry Melton of Country Joe and the Fish, and "hotrodded" it by replacing the amplifier section with a powerful Fender Bassman amp and installing a 12-inch speaker instead of the original 10-inch. The resulting amplifier proved to be loud and successful, and Smith made more than 200 of these Princeton "Boogies"—a name allegedly provided by Carlos Santana, who is to have exclaimed "This thing boogies!"

A second important improvement was developing an extra gain stage for the guitar input. Smith added an extra tube gain stage to the preamp, with three variable gain controls at different points in the circuit (what is now called a "cascaded" design), creating the first high-gain amplifier. He set about designing a guitar amplifier around the new principle, and in 1972 the Mark I was released.
BY Reg18
sizzlingbadger wrote:
Reg18 wrote:
Bg wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesa_Boogie_Mark_Series

Randall Smith began Mesa/Boogie with a practical joke: he borrowed a Fender Princeton (a small 12-watt amplifier) from his friend, Barry Melton of Country Joe and the Fish, and "hotrodded" it by replacing the amplifier section with a powerful Fender Bassman amp and installing a 12-inch speaker instead of the original 10-inch. The resulting amplifier proved to be loud and successful, and Smith made more than 200 of these Princeton "Boogies"—a name allegedly provided by Carlos Santana, who is to have exclaimed "This thing boogies!"

A second important improvement was developing an extra gain stage for the guitar input. Smith added an extra valve gain stage to the preamp, with three variable gain controls at different points in the circuit (what is now called a "cascaded" design), creating the first high-gain amplifier. He set about designing a guitar amplifier around the new principle, and in 1972 the Mark I was released.

Very informative! So Marshall did the same with a Bassman right? it seems all roads lead to Fender!
Maybe BG will have more luck advertising his Boogie as a modded Princeton!
BY Frey
any chance of selling the fane seperately? could be good in my vc30
BY sizzlingbadger
Frey wrote:any chance of selling the fane seperately? could be good in my vc30

Yep $180 shipped, very cool and hard to find speaker :thumbup:
BY Frey
cool I'll take it but can only pay in a week or two, is that okay? some guys buying my sm58 but it's in auckland so I need to get it sent to me before I can send it lol. cheers! sounds like an awesome speaker of alnico magnificence
BY Frey
actually I think I'll have a listen to the stock speaker in my new amp before I jump, will keep it in mind.
BY sizzlingbadger
Will take trades for the cab or Fane for a digital delay, DD7, etc... [don't tell the missus lol!]