ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
BY Delayman
Molly wrote:
GrantB wrote:Do it. We need more vintage SG love here

Hoping to join the fold about 9pm today...

Dibs? Is it too soon to dibs before you've bought? Also watching but maybe let you review it first :lol:
BY Darth Sabbathi
Delayman wrote:
Molly wrote:
GrantB wrote:Do it. We need more vintage SG love here

Dibs? Is it too soon to dibs before you've bought? Also watching but maybe let you review it first :lol:

Shit if there's a line forming already, let me get in on that... 2nd pre-emptive dibs? :mental:
BY Molly
Darth Sabbathi wrote:
Delayman wrote:
Molly wrote:

Shit if there's a line forming already, let me get in on that... 2nd pre-emptive dibs? :mental:

LOL. You bloody enablers you.
BY Delayman
I'd be looking at the 64 too if I didn't have monster fingers.
BY Delayman
Molly wrote:
Darth Sabbathi wrote:
Delayman wrote:

You didn't bid? Hoping for the offer?
BY Molly
Delayman wrote:
Molly wrote:
Darth Sabbathi wrote:Shit if there's a line forming already, let me get in on that... 2nd pre-emptive dibs? :mental:

I had the highest bid. No point in going higher. It'd possibly invite a higher offer still. I suspect the reserve was at least $3k. Not sure I want to pay that sort of money for it anyway.
BY Darth Sabbathi
Molly wrote:
Delayman wrote:
Molly wrote:

I had the highest bid. No point in going higher. It'd possibly invite a higher offer still. I suspect the reserve was at least $3k. Not sure I want to pay that sort of money for it anyway.

Wait, are you guys talking about the Brian Ray? You know that's not vintage right? :?
BY Molly
Darth Sabbathi wrote:
Molly wrote:
Delayman wrote:

Wait, are you guys talking about the Brian Ray? You know that's not vintage right? :?

Derailed the thread, sorry.

I know it's just a year or so old. I know the original owner of that guitar actually. The shop has it listed as 'new' but the next owner will the its third.
BY Delayman
Yep your 1964 is the real deal, the other is just nice specs.
BY Molly
Delayman wrote:Yep your 1964 is the real deal, the other is just nice specs.

The guy that bought the Brian Ray originally wasn't impressed with it at all. Said it was a really muddy sounding guitar. Online demos are good and at the right price I'd still give it a punt.