ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderator: Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.
This is painful, but needs must...

Selling my 1964 Gibson SG Special. Beautiful sounding guitar, with original P90s.

A few things to note:
  • skinny nut width - 1-9/16" I think
  • refinished - looks awesome, but yeah, not original. Slightly sparkly candy apple red kind of deal
  • looks like someone strengthened the neck at some point - see pic below. There are actually four little dimples, but it was really hard to capture - you can kind of see one of them on the right hand side.
  • has a Pigtail adjustable wraparound bridge on it, but original also included.
  • repro tuners (Gotoh I think)
  • has had a refret

All up though, it is an incredible machine. Well looked after and recently serviced. Comes with non-original Gibson case (90s brown/pink lined job).

Trade Me shit fight now on...
Last edited by Darth Sabbathi on Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 10 times in total.
BY Darth Sabbathi
Clanger wrote:Oh man, GAS!!! I'd have preferred the original finish, but that colour looks alright.

What year was Iommi's Monkey?

I believe Monkey was a 1965. And funnily enough, I suspect this one is too... I have been reliably informed that the 1-9/16th nut width means it is not 64. I'll check the serial number when I'm back from my holiday to confirm.
BY GrantB
I love the colour, regardless of originality. Gibson did do a red like this as a custom offer. Those pickups will be awesome
BY mrmofo
Bugger selling a nut for that

I would sell at least 9 inches of my actual penis

Leaving enough to keep the ladies happy
BY Darth Sabbathi
mrmofo wrote:Bugger selling a nut for that

I would sell at least 9 inches of my actual penis

Leaving enough to keep the ladies happy

Good luck with the sale! Let me know if you find a buyer - I'm quite sure you'll find the guitar well worth it. :wink:
BY mrmofo
NGD
Kawszaki short scale travel guitar in tha house
BY mrmofo
I
Might talk to the bank manager tomorrow
BY GrantB
Do it. We need more vintage SG love here