ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers.

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Forum rules: ATTENTION! IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100 POSTS THEN DON'T POST FOR SALE THREADS. THIS IS NOT A FORUM WHERE YOU GET FREE SALES WITHOUT HAVING SOME INVOLVEMENT WITH THE COMMUNITY. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT NUMBER OF POSTS, DON'T BOTHER ASKING WHERE YOUR THREAD WENT.
Cheers. No spamming or continuous bumping. Ta.
BY Darth Sabbathi
Hoo boy, this one is hard. :|

2014 Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Special (1960 spec). P90s, wraparound bridge, big chunky neck. Surprisingly bright for a solid mahogany guitar. Not too heavy - 7.6 pounds, or around 3.4kg. Has all the 2013/ 2014 Gibson Custom Shop vintage updates including hide glue in the neck joint and vintage correct truss rod without the plastic casing. Long neck tenon. Smells like moonbeams.

Couple of minor mods: RS Guitarworks electronics, Pigtail 1” long steel studs and bushings, and a compensated wrap tailpiece from MojoAxe.

More pics: https://goo.gl/photos/hhh3MwWxucyJkqhm8

$3000 to you fine people.
Last edited by Darth Sabbathi on Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BY Dharmajester
Darth Sabbathi wrote:Any interest in this? It is truly amazing - best neck of any guitar I've owned. I'll be listing on TM tomorrow, but would much prefer to keep it in the family...

Mate you should keep it but take the steel studs out. I've been doing lot's of stud/ bridge swapping recently and those steel studs neuter the sparkle and harmonic richness. I wondered why I had fallen out of love with some of my guitars ( and never quite fell for yours when I had it ). Turns out it was all down to those upgrade studs. Havn't determined wether it's an effect of the steel or the tighter fit between the tailpiece and the upright. I suspect it may be the fit as I and many others experienced a similar effect when we all jumped on the Faber locking studs upgrade a few years back. Try it before you list it . There's definitely an exceptionally sweet guitar in the making there and I think that simple change might bring it out.