Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY moliere
mrmofo wrote:I made a module out of my JD800.

Always wanted a JD800. Had a brief play with one a year or so back, and it was just as neat as I thought It'd be.
BY mrmofo
moliere wrote:
mrmofo wrote:I made a module out of my JD800.

Always wanted a JD800. Had a brief play with one a year or so back, and it was just as neat as I thought It'd be.

they are brilliant, I had to chop the front off as the thing is so bleeding huge. the keys didn't work anyway.
I need to clean it up a bit to make it look good.
BY el byrdo
Vince wrote:
Frey wrote:Made a synth tune,

https://www.facebook.com/freybyrd/videos/vb.1087381075/10211942135003884/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed&notif_id=1536598237034902

Check this out. It's a little synth tune I came up with.

I like the song, but I'm not crazy about the vocals. Not looking down on your vocals, mine are even more shit.

Have you ever thought of going through a vocoder? I think it'd be cool as with robot vocals talking about friends and being on someone's side.

Yeah yeah I know my singing is crapola :lol:

I HAVE thought about using a vocoder, however I haven't been able to find a frere VST one..
BY el byrdo
thanks! robot rock coming up 8)
BY Dharmajester
mrmofo wrote:I made a module out of my JD800. I`m still coughing up the smoke from chopping the keyboard off. wore a cutting wheel down. was horrendous.

I've a producer, engineer mate in Tokyo who in the 90's as the bottom was falling out of hardware synths was getting me to pick up Prophets and Moogs in the uk, remove them from their cases and ship them to Japan where he was turning them into midi modules for resale. The irony of course is that if it were straightforward people would now be trying to reverse the procedure. Cyclic as the music hardware industry is I for one am hoping the Dx7 never makes a comeback.
BY el byrdo
Lol I love my Dexed dx7 emulator
BY el byrdo
can't program the fucking thing, just use the presets for some cheesy electric pianos etc
BY mrmofo
Dharmajester wrote:
mrmofo wrote:I made a module out of my JD800. I`m still coughing up the smoke from chopping the keyboard off. wore a cutting wheel down. was horrendous.

I've a producer, engineer mate in Tokyo who in the 90's as the bottom was falling out of hardware synths was getting me to pick up Prophets and Moogs in the uk, remove them from their cases and ship them to Japan where he was turning them into midi modules for resale. The irony of course is that if it were straightforward people would now be trying to reverse the procedure. Cyclic as the music hardware industry is I for one am hoping the Dx7 never makes a comeback.

it is interesting that old Synths aren't really collectable as they should be. I have an Akai X7000 in the shed. it's is the equivalent to an old Burst in rarity and influence but no one seems to care.
YET!!!!
BY Dharmajester
mrmofo wrote:it is interesting that old Synths aren't really collectable as they should be. I have an Akai X7000 in the shed. it's is the equivalent to an old Burst in rarity and influence but no one seems to care.
YET!!!!

That's more on the sampling side of things. The old analogue synths are valued for their sound , a result of many components no longer available.
Sampling technology on the other hand being essentially truncated digital recording, has improved immensely. Old synths consequently are valued, old samplers not so. The old samplers are however useful in some contexts as they sometimes allow sound manipulation not possible on later models. I had an Akai S900 when they first came out and upgraded to S1000 and later S3000 but could never replicate some of the tricks I could do on the S900.
BY moliere
To be fair, an Emu Emulator or Emulator II is still gonna be some hefty cash. Bunch of cheap Ensoniq samplers been doing the rounds recently, love that 12/13bit grime.