Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY Frey
So I'm selling my van and bidding on one of these!:

Love those vintage cheese tones!

Anybody else here rocking a synth?
BY Single coil
I’d hoon one if I had any grasp on how to drive a piano. Mellotron is love.
BY Frey
The trick is that with a little musac theory you don't actually have to be able to play piano properly to play synth lines.

Tried a mel9 by EHX? they look pretty nifty
BY Single coil
Yeah, but I want to piano
BY Frey
Fair enough! go for it, if you have a house there are usually cheap pianos around.
BY Bg
I have a master midi keyboard and many many vsti plugins. but its much more fun when I use this...

When I get another Headrush FRFR it means I can run both synth and guitar rig in stereo :) ( I can anyway with my PA or studio monitors but not 'live' )
BY Frey
Nice! I'm a bit of a traditionalist, I couldn't deal with guitar synth. I have a cellist/keyboardist who wants to play in a band! better get my chit together
BY bbrunskill
I have a Alesis Micron. Stupid fustrating thing to program, but really cool analog modelling synth. Would love to use it more, need to fit it in to the cover band more.
BY Danger Mouse
If you do get that Yamaha, you need to spend your evenings writing Stranger Things inspired theme tunes.
BY Frey
Danger Mouse wrote:If you do get that Yamaha, you need to spend your evenings writing Stranger Things inspired theme tunes.

Lol i'm more of a Johnny Jewel/Chromatics kind of synth pop alt guy lol

never watched the show but love the tunes
BY philly
ive got:
nord stage ii
korg triton
korg triton rack
novation supernova ii
and cypher2 and strobe2 soft synths

i was recently "this" close to getting a modular but decided it was a rabbit hole i didnt need to go down

would be fun tho... for about 20 minutes....
BY jeremyb
I'd like a virus, just cause depeche mode, they only use them as midi controllers, but still....
BY Frey
BY null_pointer
jeremyb wrote:I'd like a virus, just cause depeche mode, they only use them as midi controllers, but still....

In my top 5 bands of all time. Blasphemous Rumours makes my top 10 easy.