SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 357 times
Been liked: 254 times

Album Release.....it's out now!

Post by SimonHirst »

With the ok from Lord BG of Gisborne(??), I thought I'd quickly post up that I've just released the album I've been banging on about for the last 18 months....

Here's a link to my bandcamp page in case you're interested in purchasing it (which, if so, would be very appreciated considering how much it cost to make!)
https://simonhirst.bandcamp.com/album/feet-of-god

It will be available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Music etc on January 1, 2018, and CDs will be available early next year too :thumbup:
So stoked with how it's come out, and I really don't think I could have made anything better, and to have had compliments from Eddie, not to mention a great hammond solo on 'Nothing I Can Do', from the Enz and Scott Hull (Mastering engineer who's worked on Bob Dylan, John Mayer, Dave Matthews Band...) it's been pretty surreal experience. Big cheers to anyone who has shown interest or encouraged this album. It's been hugely appreciated :thumbup:

Disclaimer. The album doesn't have overtly religious overtones. The title came out of a song I'd written as a sort of tongue and cheek look at how so many NZer's saw Riche McCaw as God. I have been asked if it was a Gospel album, but I'd suspect that they'd have been quite disappointed after the first listen....

Happy Holidays everyone!

Last edited by SimonHirst on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

opsguy
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 422 times
Been liked: 94 times

Re: Album Release.....it's out now!

Post by opsguy »

Nice work Simon, just purchased through bandcamp. Looking forward to giving it a listen on the weekend.

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

Well done Simon, bought it and I'm about half way through listening to it - great afternoon coding music before I have to go face the carnage of The Mall after work ;)

Must be so satisfying getting something you're so happy with out the door and loose in the wide world :)

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

Wow, cheers guys! Much appreciated!

Yeah, it feels like a fairly large weight has been lifted off the shoulders to be honest. It's been a pretty immense task doing it all independently, especially the financial side, but the pay off in some ways is the fact that I had complete artistic control and didn't have to pander to people suggesting I change 'my sound' to try and fit with more modern pop music.
Hmmm, maybe I should be aiming this at coders Sty?!!
Haha :D

sty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 264 times

Post by sty »

SimonHirst wrote:Hmmm, maybe I should be aiming this at coders Sty?!!
I'm just as likely to be found listening to Slipknot or Nine Inch Nails, so not a strong strategy ;)

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

sty wrote:
SimonHirst wrote:Hmmm, maybe I should be aiming this at coders Sty?!!
I'm just as likely to be found listening to Slipknot or Nine Inch Nails, so not a strong strategy ;)
Haha, duly noted!

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

Congrats. Hope it goes really well for you.

Mumbles: Flippin' proper musicians, comin' on 'ere with their actual music ..... bet his guitar's not even got a nitro finish.... pah. Amateurs... ;-)

SimonHirst
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by SimonHirst »

Molly wrote:Congrats. Hope it goes really well for you.

Mumbles: Flippin' proper musicians, comin' on 'ere with their actual music ..... bet his guitar's not even got a nitro finish.... pah. Amateurs... ;-)
Haha, too right. And I don't even have a boutique amp that's based off the Vox circuit, but 'better', for teh toans...I just have a Vox....
Heathen, haha.
:shifty:
Cheers Molly :thumbup:

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7685 times
Been liked: 4157 times

Post by jeremyb »

Will give it a listen for sure!
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.