Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

chur
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 169 times
Been liked: 210 times

Re: Any Reactive Load Box users out there?

Post by chur »

jeremyb wrote:In laymans terms you can record the characteristics of everything from amps, effects, speakers, cabs, rooms etc into a file that an IR Loader can then use to apply to an input signal and change it so it sounds like it was coming out of the real thing, it's magic!

It's neat really you could have an IR of a famous guitar cab in a famous studio room or similar and have it applied to your amp... neat really!

I agree, while I prefer the sound of real stuff for whatever reason, the software options are well up there nowadays.

The other night I got the Torpedo Wall of Sound running in SaviHost, a freestanding VST host, and with a guitar and overdrive/distortion pedal plugged into my cheapo USB mixer it sounded bad ass for home practice, yet perfectly silent. The ability to mic both the front and back of a cabinet in software and blend is awesome imo.
No one ever died of hard work.. but why take the risk..

griff
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 247 times

Re: Any Reactive Load Box users out there?

Post by griff »

Personally I would rather go down the road of using my tube amp with IR's for silent recording and digital miking situations instead of spending the money on an axefx or something. Love the sound of my amp cranked, and being able to get that tone through headphones at 2am is pretty awesome. Also good enough for tracking from what I've heard from the Suhr.