Moderator: Capt. Black

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 7688 times
Been liked: 4157 times

NSGD

Post by jeremyb »

New studio gear day! Nothing fancy, but after a trip to the Rockshop today to see Dave I now have an M-Audio 2x2M interface and an Akai MIDIMix controller, will be awesome for controlling Ableton Live and will go nicely with my MPK Mini MkII keyboard....

Why the M-Audio and not a Scarlett? well... part of the reason was it comes with $500 USD worth of software from Air Music Tech, and I dare say I will use all of it, plus I really like the look and feel of the M-Audio, the rear mic jacks are great, big knobs on top are always a favourite for me too! Plus for future awesomeness it's USB-C and 2, altho' my macbook is only thunderbolt 2 so I don't think it can take usb-c.... might be an adapter available, but in the meantime normal old USB-2 will be fine!

Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

Glacial Pace
Tokai
Tokai
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: NSGD

Post by Glacial Pace »

Nice, I really have no idea about this type of stuff. Looks cool though. :thumbup:

sopachrga
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 59 times

Post by sopachrga »

Very flash.
Ummm....

Olderama
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 971 times
Been liked: 876 times

Post by Olderama »

jeremyb wrote:New studio gear day! Nothing fancy, but after a trip to the Rockshop today to see Dave I now have an M-Audio 2x2M interface and an Akai MIDIMix controller, will be awesome for controlling Ableton Live and will go nicely with my MPK Mini MkII keyboard....

Why the M-Audio and not a Scarlett? well... part of the reason was it comes with $500 USD worth of software from Air Music Tech, and I dare say I will use all of it, plus I really like the look and feel of the M-Audio, the rear mic jacks are great, big knobs on top are always a favourite for me too! Plus for future awesomeness it's USB-C and 2, altho' my macbook is only thunderbolt 2 so I don't think it can take usb-c.... might be an adapter available, but in the meantime normal old USB-2 will be fine!

Nice
And good to see you like big knobs :)
:mental:

Kris
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 386 times

Post by Kris »

nice!
A new interface is something i really need-the THR10 does a good enough job but some variety for the in/outs would be nice....eh? EH!

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Kris wrote:nice!
A new interface is something i really need-the THR10 does a good enough job but some variety for the in/outs would be nice....eh? EH!
Was in the same boat, the HD does a pretty decent job too as an interface, has a mic in as well, but it's a pain to get out if I'm recording something other than guitar...
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

ElBaconi
Stagg
Stagg
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Post by ElBaconi »

How are you liking the M Track? I was about to but a Scarlett to replace my trusty Edirol UA-25 (not Windows 10 compatible) but the M Track looks v. interesting

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

No issues so far, you do see some people complaining on the net about m-audio and their windows drivers though which would make me a little wary... I'm using a Mac so it requires none as it's class compliant or whatever they call it :)

ElBaconi
Stagg
Stagg

Post by ElBaconi »

Ahhh the joy of Windows. I think I'll roll the dice and give one a crack. The Rockshop have a good return policy right :-)?

ElBaconi
Stagg
Stagg

Post by ElBaconi »

Hah, well it turns out fate (and the Rockshop) have decided i shouldn't get one of these.

Visited 2 Rockshops today, both who confirmed prior that they had the 2x2M midi version in stock, and when I got there they only had the non midi version :(

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

The universe has spoken!

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

it just wasn't meant to be...
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs

Post by jeremyb »

Bit of an update on this, very pleased with the M-Audio interface so far, got my little studio setup for guitar as well, got the HD500X going in stereo into the M-Audio interface via XLR's, and the outputs of the M-Audio go into my Stagesource L2T and I can have headphones connected as well and they don't mute the output... stoked!