Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY el byrdo

Funny jam I did today, based on a chord change and a few licks I have for them.
Anyone want to play spot the influences lol? they should be fairly obvious

sorry the string synth is so overbearing, lol

All in all pretty pleased with what the classic 30 is doing!
BY hamo
xCaptainx wrote:My band just released a new song.

Went for a slightly different vibe. Pretty happy with the result, and the video.

Mean. I only recently got into SG, had always thought it was heavier than what I'd normally listen to, but there's some great rhythmic stuff happening in there, love the riffage.
BY sirvill
xCaptainx wrote:My band just released a new song.

Went for a slightly different vibe. Pretty happy with the result, and the video.

DDDDDDOWNPICKING! Awesome. You the only guitarist?

Also what amp you rollin' for that track?
BY xCaptainx
Thanks guys!

Two guitarists. Here's another video we released two weeks ago.

Recidivist - I'm not sure what amps were used, lol. Our drummer tracked the drums at his home studio/practise place. I tracked the guitars DI'd after a gig, we sent the clean guitar tracks, bass n drums off for reamping and mixing/mastering. At this point I'd have to assume it was an Axe FX.

Anthem (the clip I put up there) was done with a bias modded 5150 mkII + Axe FX 2 out front for overdrive, into an orange 4x12 cab.

Live, Vasely (other guitarist) uses a 5150 mkII. I use a Laney Ironheart head and cab. Just picked up the 60w Ironheart which I'm really happy with!
BY willow13
Here the full version of the song I put in the 1 minute challenge last year. The quiet solo is just a guide that I haven't had the chance to redo (which is why I mix it really low).....hoping I have finally found a drummer to get going with some of my songs, just need my finger to heal damn it

https://soundcloud.com/sytharnia/snaked ... ed/s-Y3n0H
BY el byrdo
mike wrote:
Frey wrote:, maybe I should just shut up and stop soundcloud attention whoring :lol:

Keep it up, you have a left of centre sound, which is refreshing, and we have to flog our wares to the world somehow. That's why I'm on SoundCloud.

Haha , I am totally unoriginal. Luckily the people I rip off are very original so it sort of evens out LOL. I guess At some point I just got sick of the stock sounds. I am pretty much in a rut of standard tonal/modal harmony though. That's how I thik of it, it's not really a genre thing. I just like sound.
BY mike
Frey wrote:I guess At some point I just got sick of the stock sounds. I am pretty much in a rut of standard tonal/modal harmony though. That's how I thik of it, it's not really a genre thing. I just like sound.

Been there a few times. Liking sound is what makes musicians tick so you're on a winner there, unless you want money and fame too!
BY el byrdo

Old song I rerecorded today with my sweet new Molot comprssor and sanford reverb vst's. They're real good... Think I finally figured out how to use a compressor haha. I;m getting that real smooth radio polish now. I should be a rock star in no time.
BY jeremyb
Errrr can't listen to P&W without thinking of this...

BY MattAnt
jeremyb wrote:Errrr can't listen to P&W without thinking of this...

Lol are we gonna make that joke every time? Don't get me wrong, love that episode :lol:

Have a listen, might be a bit different than you think