Moderator: Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Re: Garageband

Post by GrantB »

A question for those in the know. If I do a project in Garage Band, will all the media files (*.ais or something?) work in another DAW? Ta
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2265 times
Been liked: 3910 times

Post by Bg »

benderissimo wrote:Have a crack with it- if/when you hit the limits, buy Logic X (it can load Garageband projects).
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

bobiron
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 121 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by bobiron »

GB is quick and simple, but is limited with plugin use, I understand there is a way to do it, but I have not tried it. GB has a useful garage of instruments with warm engines ready to go, tons of fun.
OMM OM MM OMM MM

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 417 times
Been liked: 1016 times

Post by bender »

*UNIQUE* wrote:A question for those in the know. If I do a project in Garage Band, will all the media files (*.ais or something?) work in another DAW? Ta
I don't think so. I think the projects are self contained, meaning that the media files are embedded in the project file. I usually export each track individually if I want to bring them into a different application (apart from Logic, you can open GB files natively in Logic).