Members sound files, tone clips, videos, media

Moderator: Capt. Black

BY el byrdo
The vocals sound like an old flying nun band, I like the solos. Very only ones-esque.
BY el byrdo
Single coil wrote:That is seriously high praise.

The vocals sound slightly out of tune and I like that cos I sing like a human too. Fuck autotune. I think you're using some of the exact same scales and type of vibrato and bending that John Perry - one of my favourite ever guitarists - used in some of the classic only ones tracks. I guess if I have any criticism it's that the mixing/mastering could be a little more pro. But then I do all my stuff myself. Amateurish manual double tracked vocals included.

Your guitar tone is really good. It's refreshing to hear leads mixed up to the forefront in this day and age...
BY Single coil
I can’t hit highs so good so I tend to just avoid them. Mic doesn’t like being screamed at :lol:
Also yes the mixing is the full on backyard special. Don’t know what mastering actually is :D
BY AiRdAd
i enjoyed the track - well done
BY el byrdo
Single coil wrote:I can’t hit highs so good so I tend to just avoid them. Mic doesn’t like being screamed at :lol:
Also yes the mixing is the full on backyard special. Don’t know what mastering actually is :D

Mastering is getting ready to put on vinyl, cd etc. In this day it generally means making it louder with comp and eq. If you're recording digital for digital playback you can pretty much skip it.
BY Chupacabra
https://soundcloud.com/user-637182008/smells-funny-too

Hi, noob signing in here, it's great listening through the recordings and hearing all the awesome talent. "I'm not worthy" x2 hehe.

Still really just learning bass and guitar off Utube, a few books and hacking Midi files . After searching for power chord tutorials I recorded this on my old Boss Micro BR. 3 git tracks, 1 bass track, onboard digital effects and a limited number of drum loops. Also a couple of tweeks from Audacity.

Hope you like cheese hehe.