meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1224 times
Been liked: 375 times

Re: What's on your work bench?

Post by Terexgeek »

GrantB wrote:
Lostininverness wrote:
robnobcorncob wrote:
I do, yes. I have used a vice in the past, along with a long neck rest etc. but for me I like having the guitar secured in the jig where it can't move around.
So with your original set up was the concern that there was flex in the neck while levelling which the jig will take out? Leveling necks wothout a trussrod that are bowed would be a challenge!
I think this is where the jog can be useful. I have in the past leveled a fingerboard (thick slab) to take out the permanent bow from non-trussed neck. This jig would be able to help do that - I just used clamps and tied the body down, like jvpp.

I think I'll end up getting the jig...once I've finished buying more gear I don't actually need.
Sometimes I struggle to understand what you post.
Tin arse!!

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Terexgeek wrote:
GrantB wrote:
Lostininverness wrote: So with your original set up was the concern that there was flex in the neck while levelling which the jig will take out? Leveling necks wothout a trussrod that are bowed would be a challenge!
I think this is where the jog can be useful. I have in the past leveled a fingerboard (thick slab) to take out the permanent bow from non-trussed neck. This jig would be able to help do that - I just used clamps and tied the body down, like jvpp.

I think I'll end up getting the jig...once I've finished buying more gear I don't actually need.
Me too.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

RectifiedAmps
Fender
Fender
Has liked: 200 times
Been liked: 240 times

Post by RectifiedAmps »

chur wrote: I thought the Peavey Triumph was good to go, all recapped, horrid looms removed and with mostly balanced power tubes. It all works ultimately, but the crunch/ultra channels are quite a bit lower in volume output compared to the clean. Can't for the life of me figure out why.
PM me if you like. I had a Triumph in not too long ago but it just needed basic stuff - valves and a reverb tank.

WellyBlues
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 351 times

Post by WellyBlues »

GrantB wrote:I think I'll end up getting the jig...once I've finished buying more gear I don't actually need.
What, like garden tools?
Slowy wrote: Ultimately though, guitars are like women. On paper there's not much difference but only a few can make you happy.
Ray Wylie Hubbard wrote: And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations Well, I have really good days

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 855 times
Been liked: 274 times

Post by calling card »

Oh well I play guitar in this room. On the work bench, new chimney - check, re-brick the firebox this weekend. Temperatures are falling...

2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

Single coil
BANNED
Has liked: 1110 times
Been liked: 485 times

Post by Single coil »

That room is an auditorium
werdna wrote:Well at least I can still make toast in the bath without anyone telling me it's unsafe.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by calling card »

Reverb tank :)
2024; I have explored the extent of the perimeter dome, there is no escape. I am become Morpheus

AiRdAd
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 696 times

Post by AiRdAd »

calling card wrote:Oh well I play guitar in this room. On the work bench, new chimney - check, re-brick the firebox this weekend. Temperatures are falling...

Chimney? ..... looks like a strippers pole to me!!! :-)
Slowy wrote: To Danny, everyone is either a supplier, customer or a courier.

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

GrantB wrote:
Terexgeek wrote:
GrantB wrote:

Me too.
Been contemplating making one - aluminium extrusions are easy enough to get - main one would be about a hundred bucks.... Chinese DTI's as long as they're repeatable, then just some t slot bolts and a bit of basic fitting :)
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

calling card
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by calling card »

Woodburner rebuild at weekend #5, good to go. Just got to reassemble all the ceramic tiles on the outside. Looks too good to pile in wood and burn, oh well the cold will force that move shortly. Other pic is above the firebox baffle, rock wool blanket under stainless cladding, added a soot deflector piece. Manky old copper tube heats the hot water, funny every winter I think I should replace that, all greased up with lanocote & see how it goes.

Molly
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 2482 times
Been liked: 2794 times

Post by Molly »

calling card wrote:
I'm sure it must be dangerous to pole dance so close to that wall.

willow13
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Location: If less is more then just think how much more more is
Has liked: 372 times
Been liked: 634 times

Post by willow13 »

Molly wrote:
calling card wrote:
I'm sure it must be dangerous to pole dance so close to that wall.
you've never lived in the bay of plenty have you Molly :rofl:
If Less is More Then Just Think How Much More More would be

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

Made a caliper for my Yamaha SA30.

I think it is Stainless Steel 316 as it was blimmin hard to work with. Needed fat gloves for the polishing and a can of water handy to cool things down.

When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

Timoes
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 270 times
Been liked: 102 times

Post by Timoes »

DSL100. With major bias drift. Odered a small pcb from UK to install. Gone through some of the solder joints which were a bit rough, especially on the Mains input pcb.
You Should Never Smoke in Pjamas. FZ.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

1960 Gibson ES-175 single PAF pickup. Finding the Floyd is hard to mount on the thin top...
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves