Looks heavy (ha ha ha)...great work!

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Re: Finally - GC + Dominoes

Post by Jay »

Thanks guys, it was a slave labour of 'love'. Time to learn how to play and do some fishing now :)
null_pointer wrote:Looks heavy (ha ha ha)...great work!
3KGs only so quite manageable I would have thought. Certainly the lightest I have build to date!
StrummersOfThunder wrote:Will it take filtertrons/dynasonics too??
Yip, it was 'designed' for that. That is why I need some T-Armonds to see how the body performs with a respected pickup.... Can't compare it anymore to the 6120 as I sold that.
H671 wrote:Impressive - now we need a Auckland Gear fest to showcase it :)
Indeed, I believe BG is on to that... but we can have a beer prior to that if you can't wait that long :wink:
bender wrote:
jvpp wrote:Yesterday I wired it all up and finished the Gretsch Copy. Would you believe it that only then I found a peculiar aspect of the Badlads which is very unusual...
Curious to hear more about this too.

Is there are reason that the two pickups have different mounting screw placements?
Yes, the neck pickup is mounted on the tenon bit and no connector soldered under the PCB. The bridge did not have any support underneath (as the Dyna's are mounted on top) so I glued a bit of timber underneath. There just wasn't enough space in the corner because of the connector. In future I think it is better to make my pickups with an English Mount system.

You appear to be the only one curious... The BadLads have a 'special' side effect that was totally unintended and I think it is a result of the way I attached the top of the pickup cover to the body of the pickup and the fact that the pickup cover is timber. Depending on your point of view it can be a positive or a negative. I have not come across it on any other commercial pickup so I am totally to blame for it. As I said I did not notice it until the very end but keen to find out how quickly others notice it. :)
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

jvpp wrote:
bender wrote:
jvpp wrote:Yesterday I wired it all up and finished the Gretsch Copy. Would you believe it that only then I found a peculiar aspect of the Badlads which is very unusual...

You appear to be the only one curious... The BadLads have a 'special' side effect that was totally unintended and I think it is a result of the way I attached the top of the pickup cover to the body of the pickup and the fact that the pickup cover is timber. Depending on your point of view it can be a positive or a negative. I have not come across it on any other commercial pickup so I am totally to blame for it. As I said I did not notice it until the very end but keen to find out how quickly others notice it. :)
Cryptic!

Jay
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1630 times
Been liked: 1297 times

Post by Jay »

bender wrote:
jvpp wrote:
bender wrote:

Cryptic!
No longer :wink:
When faced with quality, I recognise it every time.