Let's start this post with some great news!
This turned up, courtesy of Delayman. Now I need to work out where on the board it's going to go
After I'd done some house related stuff, I decided I'd had enough and went to put not one, but two
push pull pots in the goldtop.
They will go in the tone slot for each pickup, and work as series/parallel switches for the HV58's.
Used two of the good pots that were in there. There was a push pull in there that I had lying around, but it was buggered.
Pictured: New pot, old pot, Russki capacitor.
Copied the wiring from the dodgy buggered pot, and that was the bridge done.
Big ass orange wire is an extra ground thing.
Now, here's the problem - The wires for the neck pickup are unbelievably short.
Pictured: Me having a grand old tug oh, myyy!
on the offending wires.
I used more of the orange cable, and somehow managed to do it backwards.
Pictured: Standard, HB/HB in series. Note neck tone is pulled up.
Sorted that out, had a play, wondered why it wasn't playing the game so well - Turns out the jack had oxidised (again). Popped it out, cleaned it right up, and put some electric helper spray shit on it. Didn't know the inside was copper! (Switchcraft)
Then I glued my knobs on cuz sometimes they fall off if I pull too hard. Oh my actual my!
You can see in the above picture I've gone for the wrap around style of stringing so I can have the tailpiece cranked right the fuck down.
The following image, despite the orange spaghetti, is a fuckload tidier than it used to be.
Everything works perfectly. All the joins are without excess solder (except maybe a couple grounds).
Quite proud of how I've managed to get my wiring to here. I mean it was functional before, but at least it doesn't look like the solder seagull came in and shat all over it.
Coming up: JHorner's awesome generous mail order present, my decals (sometime before I'm 30), and another idiocy video with parallel!