Self built and self assembly ;)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Bg
Had a hankering for a bigsby calliper on my Tele... Yeah I said never, but I keep going for the waggle and it's not there...

Then I thought, why not just build a new one with a calliper.

So, on the way is a rosewood body, from Kerry truscott, it's preshaped but routing to do. I have a maple SX neck here looking for a guitar, but I'm not sure it's my bag. Im probably going to get around to making that kwila neck.

I have a cheapie Chinese calliper on its way, more as an experiment. If it's really shit, I'll get a bigsby.

Not too sure about pickups yet.

Anyway, it will be a no pick guard oiled finish again, mirroring my blackwood Tele, only Rosie....and with a hunk of metal strapped to it
BY bender
Awesome!

Make sure you have enough neck angle and a higher bridge than the usual or the bigsby will indeed suck. What kind of bridge are you going for?
BY Single coil
Frankie valli last time I checked
BY jeremyb
Must be a bit inbred if it wears a caliper! :lol:
BY bender
Bg wrote:Not decided yet :)

I have a spare brass Tru-arc low rider with a 12" radius if that would tickle your fancy. I use them on my gretsches and they're great.
BY Bg
Hey sounds good, I can do 12" radius.... pm me with your best added kfc price :)
BY Bg
So I now have a body, will spend time routing and sanding this weekend :). Now I've been paid again, yay!, I have some kit arriving from stewmac. Fretsaw, fretwire etc.

I'm thinking it's about time I did the kwila neck. So single piece, baseball bat neck with no truss rod.

If I don't like it, I have a backup maple SX neck I can refine and refret.
BY Single coil
Why no truss?
BY Bg
Resonance :). And fat arse kwila, doesn't need it :)

The original broadcasters had no truss... And Adrian reckoned it would be awesome....
BY H671
The Japanese made Antoria's didn't have truss rods either :)
BY Bg
They usually have a u channel though iirc. Just not adjustable