Self built and self assembly ;)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Slowy
That is very, very good. :thumbup:
BY AiRdAd
Will you leave it like that or will you clear coat it? If you clear coat it, will you leave some texture in it, or will you put a bit more on, and sand it back to a level surface?
BY calling card
Reminds me a little of my experiments at getting homebrewed wrinkle finish. Apply a wet coat of Tung oil and spray paint on top, then wait...
BY willow13
AiRdAd wrote:Will you leave it like that or will you clear coat it? If you clear coat it, will you leave some texture in it, or will you put a bit more on, and sand it back to a level surface?

I have done a few thin layers of clear, but have left it with texture....I like guitars with rough surfaces :rofl:
BY Bg
willow13 wrote:
AiRdAd wrote:Will you leave it like that or will you clear coat it? If you clear coat it, will you leave some texture in it, or will you put a bit more on, and sand it back to a level surface?

I have done a few thin layers of clear, but have left it with texture....I like guitars with rough surfaces :rofl:

Yeah did the same with the psychostrat. TBH though it would need about another gallon of clear on it.
BY willow13
Bg wrote:
willow13 wrote:

Yeah did the same with the psychostrat. TBH though it would need about another gallon of clear on it.

yeah this is the same...thought I would keep some tone "cred" and stick to thin coats. I am planning on doing a strat at some point and might do the full charvel smooth look, but i'm sure when the time comes I will be to lazy to do it :rofl: