Self built and self assembly ;)

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY willow13
As mentioned in another thread ages ago, I made this but found it was WAY to heavy so went about making it lighter

Guitar is the perfect weight now but ............. some where along the journey this started to happen

Have done one attempt at the body but it didn't turn out anywhere even close to looking as cool as the headstock so am redoing it...Man crackle paint "splits" really fast so getting a good thick coat on over the whole body is tough. Basically the big cracks come from thick paint and the small cracks from thin paint...could be a long process (rain not helping) and I think I will need more paint :roll:
Last edited by willow13 on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BY GrantB
It is cool, but hard to get to a manageable and repeatable state I would think?
BY willow13
GrantB wrote:It is cool, but hard to get to a manageable and repeatable state I would think?

yeah. I crackles far to fast to make it easy to apply. I managed to give the body another go this afternoon and I tried to do the guitar front in 2 halves so will see in the morning what it looks like. from what I could see when doing it it looked better than the first attempt
BY AiRdAd
That looks badass!!!
BY AiRdAd
That's looking really good!
BY Slowy
Worst dose of eczema I've ever seen, poor thing.
BY jeremyb
Wow! Looks awesome!!
BY AiRdAd
Have you got a pic of the front and back?
BY willow13
AiRdAd wrote:Have you got a pic of the front and back?

not yet...its still outside drying :rofl:
BY willow13
well finally done (well not quite, need to reset neck angle, action is to high)...turned out all right. Crackle has a kind of snakeskin pattern so I can live with that :rofl:

BY AiRdAd
Killer!