Amp tinkerers and people who aren't afraid of 700 volts or so in here....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY Mike Clayton
Hi all, I recently hand wired this Deluxe Reverb RI and have it for sale on TradeMe - https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listin ... 1897773075
If you're wanting this done to your DRRI, I'd be happy to talk about doing it for you. If you're planning on doing this yourself then I'm happy to assist with any questions - I did have a few challenges "figuring out" the schematics and working out the mains PT wiring. And if you want to purchase this one, then $2500.00. mike@muso.co.nz
Last edited by Mike Clayton on Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
BY TmcB
One hell of a job you did there - thought many a time of doing that to mine
BY TmcB
Alas, it's flown the coop but a Princeton is in its place...
BY Mike Clayton
I would say yes, it is possible given that most mods are possible. But tricky on a DRRI with printed circuit boards presuming circuit changes are needed. What is it you are wanting to achieve?
BY Mike Clayton
I just did a bit of Googling and found this simple mod: "Hey...a guy was telling about about a very simple mod you can do to a blackface Deluxe Reverb to substantially increase the gain. It is by removing the Vibrato/Tremelo from the circuit. This is accomplished by disconnecting the wire on the speed knob that returns to the circuit board (as opposed to the other wire on there that goes to ground) and insulating it via a wire nut or black electrician's tape". REPLY "Yeah, Charlie, works great, it doubles the output & opens up the tone - BUT you lose the tremolo (if that matters to you...).