alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times

Re: This should be fun!

Post by alanp »

Stomptown's Pennyroyal Chorus, based on one of EHX's chorus boxes. I forget what one, it's the one that apparently Cobain used.

Tight fit. Not keen on using a 3PDT board again, makes it hard to judge available space and wire length.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

Lol, love the 0 ohm resistors
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

Well, I couldn't be arsed sorting out short wires for that.
Capt. Black wrote:Call me if you're looking for the sound of a sows ear made from a silk purse with a side of hot bitches and alcohol

fuzziebro
Tokai
Tokai
Been liked: 1 time

Post by fuzziebro »

haha nice actually that answers a question for me cos I have a gutshot of a DAM ramshead - its on ebay atm for silly money and theres a bunch of those resistors on the board...

yeah theres been times when I've needed a piece of wire and umd and arred about just kamazaeeing a new resistor for its leg...oh well they're cheap enough...still 'feels' bad though :evil:

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3465 times
Been liked: 711 times

Post by Cdog »

nice on al... must check out some demo's, always liked those cobain chorus sounds :)

handlefras
Gibson
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 1 time

Post by handlefras »

I have a collection of cut off resistor/cap/diode legs for just that purpose. In fact, I just have to check the floor under my desk and I'll find another hundred or so :lol: The zero ohm resistors do make it look a bit more technical though.
Too many guitars, not enough talent.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

IIRC, this is the Small Clone chorus. I should probably look up what that actually is.

Sounds pretty nice. You can get some wacked sounds from it (as well as a pretty decent chorus.)

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/inde ... ic=17594.0

Always a good feeling to see one of your boards out in the wild (and working)

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Cdog »

well done... that build is really tidy too

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

ADA Flanger, built on a 'Lectric FX board. It uses single in line opamps to save space :D

I was tempted to use Lovelace Flanger, like the other one I built (Moose board), but decided that ancient firearms were pretty cool as well as the Difference Engine.

Used a 1590X box, on the basis I couldn't be arsed with precise measurements. It even makes the Flintlock board look small! I think it's just under twice as tall as a Tayda 1590BB. The 78L15 wound up being a special order from RS.

Snarblinge
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 43 times

Post by Snarblinge »

Did you see element are shipping free this month, usually have good prices on hammonds when you can get free freight
b.

Cdog
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Cdog »

Snarblinge wrote:Did you see element are shipping free this month, usually have good prices on hammonds when you can get free freight
iknoes! just dont need anything, and already so much amp-related to pay for :bummed:

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RlQZSZhltg[/youtube]

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/inde ... #msg177503

Build that Felix in Austria did with one of my Rissole boards :) He does a really nice job of demo'ing it, thought you lot might like the video.

alanp
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by alanp »

TmcB
I may have a problem
Has liked: 653 times
Been liked: 556 times

Post by TmcB »

alanp had kindly lent me some pedals to have a hoon on and I have a brief write up on the ones I tried out.
Seems to have a penchant for resurrecting the Lovetone pedals, and I for one hope he keeps going!

Horace
Lovetone Big Cheese clone.
- left side fuzz, right side od
-Fuzz goes from splatty fuzz factory to roaring big muff on the fuzz texture dial- a fuzz setting for everyone
OD Texture dial has different clipping settings, HEAPS of output. It’s a low gainer though, which works well with the fuzz side
It's a pretty unique unit, I liked the tones from it.

Doppelgänger
Coolest phase/vibe I’ve ever heard! Footswitch goes between synced lfo rates to dial set rates
Beautiful deep phase tones
Separate dials of span rate and blend for both high and low frequencies
square wave is pretty cool but the smooth deep tones are hard to beat of the sine wave
Can be set to alternate waves or to rise and fall at the same time.

Amazing stuff, if you’re a phaser nerd you need one!

Mayo
Great, simple Big Muff clone, loads of saturation and gets very close to the holy grail of siamese dream tones. Hard to beat.

Pharaoh
…But this beats it. Roaring snarl, it’s got a range of interesting tones but has that beautiful ability that the best big muff clones do where you’re confused whether it’s a distortion or a fuzz. Searing tones but can be rolled back of fuzzy OD. Really impressive

Multiplex
As a delay nerd, the first time I heard this it really caught my ear. It replicates three tape machines, the Echorec, the RE201, and the EP-3. I haven’t heard these in the flesh but the sound as good as any imitation I’ve heard, and most importantly seems to retain that analog feel where you’re drawn to playing off of the repeats. Really nails that tape machine feel in all three modes, but my favourite has to be the Echorec mode. Crisp and clear with a little bit of sweet warble, it’s one of the sweetest delays I’ve played.
Last edited by TmcB on Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrantB wrote:Tony, your taste is, as always, very refined. Or as HG would say, "bloody awful".
Family Music Store - http://familymusic.co.nz