Zendrive Versions: Anybody know what's going on?

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1018 times
Been liked: 2492 times

Zendrive Versions: Anybody know what's going on?

Post by Slowy »

20240114_110653.jpg
20240114_110653.jpg (1.29 MiB) Viewed 28138 times
I have this.
Then I look below and I don't believe it:

Now there's a couple of things; an original, built by Mr. Hermida which I don't think mine is. Then there's Hermidas and Hermida by Lovepedal where it all gets confusing. Some have the light in the top of the Yin Yang symbol, others at the bottom. Some have Hermida Audio USA under the Zendrive script, others don't. I haven't had much luck sorting it out, does anybody have an idea of what's going on and which version is what?

zdrv.JPG
zdrv.JPG (114.26 KiB) Viewed 28138 times
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

Reg18
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 318 times
Been liked: 935 times

Re: Zendrive Versions: Anybody know what's going on?

Post by Reg18 »

Good luck figuring that out, I’ve thought about it before too as the D Drive pedal I make os based on it. I know Love pedal bought the rights to build the official ones so guessing there must be a premium for a pre love pedal version but it looks like there’s Red dot, V1, V2 etc. Good luck!

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Reg18 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:29 pm Good luck figuring that out, I’ve thought about it before too as the D Drive pedal I make os based on it. I know Love pedal bought the rights to build the official ones so guessing there must be a premium for a pre love pedal version but it looks like there’s Red dot, V1, V2 etc. Good luck!
Yeah. damned if I can work it out except to assume I have the soon to be discovered $100 version. :roll:
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase. This is as true of humans as it is of gas molecules in a sealed flask. The human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who so survive.

vyfster
Ashton
Ashton
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 71 times

Post by vyfster »

Based on the images you provided, it looks like you have the V2 Gold - it's the only one which seems to match where the LED is. I have absolutely no idea how to verify that though.

Oh wait, looks like the Red Dot Edition also matches.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

vyfster wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:45 pm Based on the images you provided, it looks like you have the V2 Gold - it's the only one which seems to match where the LED is. I have absolutely no idea how to verify that though.

Oh wait, looks like the Red Dot Edition also matches.
And that Reverb page doesn't cover all the variations I've found. The Facebook one that just sold was all black for instance.
Welcome to my mystery.

sizzlingbadger
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 1210 times
Been liked: 1401 times

Post by sizzlingbadger »

Looks like the one here http://www.lovepedal.com/zendrive/

any clues on the inside ?
Tube amp and guitar tones straight from 1958… amazing how believable the sounds were back then, even without the modellers...

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

sizzlingbadger wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:51 am Looks like the one here http://www.lovepedal.com/zendrive/

any clues on the inside ?
20240115_173403.jpg
20240115_173403.jpg (1.44 MiB) Viewed 26303 times
Definitely through hole. Knobs, switch and jacks have to come off to look at the other side.

null_pointer
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 163 times
Been liked: 410 times

Post by null_pointer »

Marvin Gaye knows What’s Goin On

I’ll see myself out…

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

null_pointer wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:24 pm Marvin Gaye knows What’s Goin On

I’ll see myself out…
I'll open the door.

Slowy
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie

Post by Slowy »

Latest digging suggests mine could be one of the first of the Lovepedal production run; or one of the last pre Lovepedal Hermidas... :roll:
The geekery continues.