The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

BY el byrdo
Well I got cold feet on my action and jacked the price up to a grand. Nobody bought it so it looks like I'm keeping it. Will be on the lookout for a pair of celestial blues or maybe something more exotic. Could see a d120 working good with my gold.
BY jvpp
So Simon doesn't have the circuit diagram and is reluctant to dig into his paper mountain of old amp docs. Will PM you Slowy re next step.
BY Bg
jvpp wrote:So Simon doesn't have the circuit diagram and is reluctant to dig into his paper mountain of old amp docs. Will PM you Slowy re next step.

no surprise there ....
BY jeremyb
At least you didn't ask him for a one page schematic and he sold you an encyclopedia on tube amp building!
BY Bg
jeremyb wrote:At least you didn't ask him for a one page schematic and he sold you an encyclopedia on tube amp building!

nah he would have tried to sell him a PA system ;) an encyclopedia is a bit too on point...
BY Slowy
jvpp wrote:So Simon doesn't have the circuit diagram and is reluctant to dig into his paper mountain of old amp docs. Will PM you Slowy re next step.

For the next step, it seems my amp is going visiting. It would be more fun for you if the speaker cab tagged along?
BY jeremyb
Bg wrote:
jeremyb wrote:At least you didn't ask him for a one page schematic and he sold you an encyclopedia on tube amp building!

nah he would have tried to sell him a PA system ;) an encyclopedia is a bit too on point...

I can see it now, "Wanted 5W tube amp under $400" ... "Hey I have a 4000W PA you could have for $17,000!" :rofl:
BY el byrdo
Jansen 6/40 is up on trademe for 750. Get at me here to avoid fees etc. Great amp! just needs some twiddling with the tremolo to make it work correctly. Probably just a bad tube or bad biasing etc. Who knows! it works when you turn it on but quickly dies. It sounds good for a second though!
BY el byrdo
Well my jansen once again didn't sell so I'm keeping it once more LO! this is a great amp. Big trannies!
BY Anvil Amps Alan
I can draw a circuit in 10 minutes if someone brings me a 4/12
BY jvpp
Anvil Amps Alan wrote:I can draw a circuit in 10 minutes if someone brings me a 4/12

Done it! Got heaps of photos and drawing it 'professionally' now in Digikey Schematic. Hopefully you can answer a few questions i have. Hope to post things soon.