Al Stevens Electric Guitar

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Al Stevens Electric Guitar

Post by Marshmallow »

Hey guys, My partner's dad got an Al Stevens electric guitar strat style and it came with an old strat style black case (rectangular shape). Anyone heard of it? know's what it is? He (Japanese dad) bought it in the 80's in Japan. I remembered it due to one of the old man selling it in the meet. He has a black tele with gold hardware and a washed red strat style and it just says made in japan with a code in the back plate. The hardware and the action is great and I'm surprised the condition stayed after 30 years. (except pickups) Sound wise, it's modernizedish (japan style) but it's definitely got great sounding coils. It doesn't seem to show on any forums just like my idols japanese amp from the 60s.

Here's a pic. It definitely looks better and older in person. It seems that my partner used one of the filters on her iphone when she took it (and only took one photo) haha

If anyone has info on this let me know!

I'll take more photos later on when I finish work and take a photo of the backplate.

Apart from that, I haven't had the chance to upload a photo of all my gear but I promise i'll take photos of them tonight and will upload them tomorrow! (since I can't access NZG or other specific websites on my home computer)....

Tom

mrmofo
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 135 times

Re: Al Stevens Electric Guitar

Post by mrmofo »

headstock reads Hondo to me.

take a few more pics. I like old Jap guitars
There are still some that think the neck PU is moved to accommodate the extra frets which only proves they cannot detect the difference in length of each.

Marshmallow
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 900 times

Re: Al Stevens Electric Guitar

Post by Marshmallow »

mrmofo wrote:headstock reads Hondo to me.

take a few more pics. I like old Jap guitars
Yea I'll have to do it thursday or friday as I need to grab the guitar off my partner's dad haha. It's going for sale in a bit too.