1959 Fender Jazzmaster

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

1959 Fender Jazzmaster

Post by GrantB »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1959-Fender-Jaz ... 4cfd6a024b

These Gold anaodised guarded early Jazzmasters are just too cool. This one is in super clean condition. Much want. Much Fender retardedness.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

jimi
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 845 times
Been liked: 359 times

Re: 1959 Fender Jazzmaster

Post by jimi »

Needs relicing really. I'd feel cheated having a vintage guitar that looked that tidy. More a collectors item than a players guitar now.

Don't really like the sunburst either, prefer solid colours with matching headstock. Might be more of a Jaguar thing, not sure if they did much of that on the JMs.

Pakehendrix
Big Muff

Post by Pakehendrix »

I mostly agree with jimi, but damn I love that pickguard. Nom:

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1362 times
Been liked: 2100 times

Post by GrantB »

They did that solid colour thing on the Jazzmasters also - they always command premiums - Lake Pacid Blue....drool. But the Sunburst was the first JM they did, with that gold guard...and to me it remains the quintessential JM. I agree it needs playing hard. I think Dave Gilmours 00001 Strat has a Gold guard? Anyone?
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

*UNIQUE* wrote:I think Dave Gilmours 00001 Strat has a Gold guard? Anyone?
Yeah I believe so. Man that JM looks tasty. Would love to be able to time travel to 1989 and pick up a cheap vintage JM before they got cool. But of course in 1989 I didn't think they were cool either. Actually, I didn't even know what a Jazzmaster was in 1989.

jeremyb
Chorus of Organs
Has liked: 7746 times
Been liked: 4188 times

Post by jeremyb »

Mmmm dig that gold pickguard, not a fan of sunbursts either, just looks wrong.
Slowy wrote: That's the problem; everything rewarding is just such hard work. Regret takes much less effort.

The Scarecrow
Dial Them Mids IN!
Has liked: 208 times
Been liked: 253 times

Post by The Scarecrow »

*UNIQUE* wrote: But the Sunburst was the first JM they did, with that gold guard...and to me it remains the quintessential JM.
Agreed.... I like the solid colours on Jags... but the Jazz I used to own looked smooth in a suburst with an aftermarket black pickgaurd. My thinline Tele has the burst/black gaurd look and also looks toiiiiiight.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Al ... 895?ref=ts

Trade Me: The_Scarecrow

"Friends don't let friends scoop mids."