Mickey Mouse is in the House (vintage guitar happy ending)

The vintage gear forum, named in honour of the hundreds of people left vintage samick guitars in an estate....

Moderators: Slowy, Capt. Black

GrantB
ADMIN
meble-kuchenne.warszawa.pl
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Re: Mickey Mouse is in the House

Post by GrantB »

opsguy wrote:Coming along nicely Grant. That guitar really was meant for you. Dewey and I both approve. :D
Couldn't have actually done it without you opsguy! So thanks.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

rocklander
no offense, but I'm not a guitarist

Re: Mickey Mouse is in the House (vintage guitar happy endin

Post by rocklander »

great looking G.. that thing looks like it had the arse played out of it originally... looking forward to seeing IRL
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

bender
Darth Fader
Has liked: 415 times
Been liked: 1010 times

Post by bender »

GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST!
GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST! GEARFEST!

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

In case you can't tell, I'm quite excited about that.

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

benderissimo wrote:TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST!
TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST!
TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST! TRONFEST!
fixed
Some Bozo wrote:dogs represent the qualities we like to see in a friend, and cats represent the qualites we'd like to be able to get away with in ourselves :D
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

matman
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 289 times
Been liked: 49 times

Post by matman »

*UNIQUE* wrote: Image
Nice to see that you're all prepped up to ditch that ratty old school sunburst for the EVH stripes. Now all you need to do is whack on a wizard neck and chuck some emg's in there and you might really have something! :wink: :mrgreen:

Oh, and yes...this thing will definitely demand a Tronfest of its own when its finished.
"The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits

electric68
Ashton
Ashton

Post by electric68 »

wah wah wee wah. That is all. 8)
Myself, being a Bear of Little Brain....

Hot_Grits
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Hot_Grits »

matman wrote:
*UNIQUE* wrote: Image
Nice to see that you're all prepped up to ditch that ratty old school sunburst for the EVH stripes. Now all you need to do is whack on a wizard neck and chuck some emg's in there and you might really have something! :wink: :mrgreen:

Oh, and yes...this thing will definitely demand a Tronfest of its own when its finished.
Edward is quoted as saying he could really haul ass on a 335.

Grant: bloody awful. Terrible.
jeremyb wrote: Is it true about the bum sex before marriage thing being ok?

Ironbird13
"Resident Cyborg" or something

Post by Ironbird13 »

good to see it went to a deserving home, hope you got it for a decent price in the end :D
Hurdy Gurdy.... some how... and I'm not entirely certain how mind you, an instrument that sounds like someone has shoved a nest of angry hornets into a goose with a kazoo bill and is randomly slapping the poor creature with an accordion.... Sounds amazing.

GrantB
ADMIN
Has liked: 1353 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Post by GrantB »

Hot_Grits, at least your (our) standards don't change! I've got an awful '72 Tele that Ash has just refin'd for me too.

Ironbird13, thanks. The price was fair for both parties. I'd have always liked it cheaper, and the reverse applies for the seller. But in the end we were both happy...and really, the actual owner (who is an elderly lady - not the TM seller) needed the cash so I didn't go all tooth n nail on the negotiations. Karma has a role in this stuff.

Unless everyone is thinking about a September fest I'm not sure this will be ready any time soon. I still need to finish scraping the binding to the last minutae, tidy up the headstock and then the lacquer work starts. Reassembly is a one night job and I have set aside a bottle or two of Epic IPA for that occaision.
"Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature. Unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping." - Hubert Reeves

rocklander

Post by rocklander »

you're gonna drink isopropyl? you know that's not recommended, right?
.__
. __\___
. _____D)
. __)
. __)
.__)pull my finger

stagepass

Bg
Site Admin
Has liked: 2254 times
Been liked: 3873 times

Post by Bg »

*UNIQUE* wrote: I have set aside a bottle or two of Epic IPA for that occaision.
and a fine choice indeed. I like the Epic Hop Zombie too. But I'm rocking out with Morlands Hens Tooth currently :)

Looking damn good, got any cheap Paf's you don't want?
So, is that low alcohol or no alcohol at all? mmmm, no alcohol, do you want to try it? Noooooooooo.

Rog
The Self-Proclaimed Voice of Reason
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by Rog »

rocklander wrote:you're gonna drink isopropyl? you know that's not recommended, right?
That what I use for drying out/cleaning up soaked circuit boards. It tastes foul.

Grant, that was sure a saga, but I know you'll make it a treasure. Just keep this one, OK? :D

I like the Made in China stamp on it. Adds class.
He hit a chord that rocked the spinet and disappeared into the infinite ...

mr_sooty
Vintage Post Junkie
Vintage Post Junkie
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by mr_sooty »

matman wrote:Nice to see that you're all prepped up to ditch that ratty old school sunburst for the EVH stripes.
:lol:

Nice score man. So good to see a guitar like that go to someone who know's how to bring it back to it's former glory.

bender
Darth Fader

Post by bender »

Serious congrats Grant. I reckon with your careful ministrations that will be one helluva guitar. Between that and your natural one you've ignited the 335 GAS in me something fierce!